Over Carbonation In A Corny Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroboy

Reaction score
Saw this up in the article section (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54589) , will direct the original poster here.

littleshitdarcy said:
Hi everyone,

Long time viewer first time poster. Just new to home brewing but i dont do things by half. I went out and bought a keg fridge and kitted it out with two corney kegs two taps etc.
Ive been researching about force carbonation and tried it twice but each time i think i over carbonate it. I'm doing the 30PSI over 48 Hours method. Even when i get it right the first say four pints are carbonated and fine but i find that the rest of the beer seems to be flat. Im presuming that the Co2 is'nt obsorbing through the whole keg, mind you i have the Co2 connect on the "in" gas connector of the corny keg.
Ive read that if you're force carbontaing with a corny keg in the upright postion you should use the beer out connector so the beer gets carbonated from the bottom up.
Still get a third froth from the pours. Beer lines are 2M long.

Im also scared that ive i let out or shake the keg to let excess Co2 out that the beer might go flat.

Its seriously doing my head in trying to get the right pour.

Lots of variables here.

To start with...

What is the internal diameter of your beer line?
What pressure are you pouring at?

Sounds about right. Hows your pouring technique? Have you ever poured a beer before?

Another couple of Q's which may help...
How long are your lines and what temps are you trying to pour at?

Latest posts

Back