Over Carbed Keg. What To Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpiwek

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its been a busy weekend and couldnt get to my kegs in time to turn off the gas and should have turned down the pressure earlier. When I pour I get about an inch of beer at the bottom and the rest foam.

Dose anyone have a quick fix for this ? Can it be fixed? I turned off the gas altogether this morning.

Happy hour is soon approaching and Im wondering what I can do. Any ideas?, Thanks allot,

Heffer.

Hi Guys,

Its been a busy weekend and couldnt get to my kegs in time to turn off the gas and should have turned down the pressure earlier. When I pour I get about an inch of beer at the bottom and the rest foam.

Dose anyone have a quick fix for this ? Can it be fixed? I turned off the gas altogether this morning.

Happy hour is soon approaching and Im wondering what I can do. Any ideas?, Thanks allot,

Heffer.

Step 1. Shake the crap out of your keg
Step 2. Release head pressure
Step 3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you're happy

Thanks Randall the Enamel Animal and razz I kept shaking and venting the keg until hardly any foam came out and I can now pour beer with only 3/4's of it being head but its only got a tiny bit of carbonation? Did I vent the keg too much? Im pouring at 100kpa.

your keg is still disturbed from the shaking.
vent again... and then try serving at the lowest pressure possible to get the beer out.... so you are essentially dribbling the beer down the side of the glass..? not a perfect world, but the best you are going to get today

vent again... and then try serving at the lowest pressure possible to get the beer out.... so you are essentially dribbling the beer down the side of the glass..? not a perfect world, but the best you are going to get today

O.K I'll try that after I finish this pint
another glass commin up!

:chug:

Hi KoNG, I turned down the gas and got the beer just dribbling down the glass. Still its a little flat but the best so far, Mabe it has to settle more.

Cheers, hefferflocken.

Latest posts

Back