Outta The Stubbie Or Into The Glass?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are not doing your beer any favours drinking out of a bottle.

Your nose and tastebuds are linked when you eat/drink. We instictively smell things as we ingest, so if you are smelling nothing but open air, and not sticking your nose into a glass, you are essentially losing some of the 'flavour' in your beer.

Saying that, the only beers i ever drink from a bottle, is one thats been ripped out of a carton encased in a 6-pack plastic wrapping, direct from abbotsford. :p

A lot of places look at me strange when they hand me a stubby of something micro, then i request a glass. I didnt pay permium prices to only taste 1/2 the beer!

You could down a beer in a glass much quicker than from a bottle. So 'drinking to get drunk' would be from a glass.

I always, always drink beer from a glass. BUT I often drink wine straight from a bottle, so go figure (Its the fantasy of rock and roll stardom that drives my slovenly action with wine. And you should see my IV Jack Daniels set-up :p )

Ahh, but you have to pour it from the bottle first- pouring time that could be devoted to pouring it down your throat! :p

Ahh, but you have to pour it from the bottle first- pouring time that could be devoted to pouring it down your throat! :p

Bring on the "wide-mouth' tinnies ! Chug for Chug the most effective way to get smahed quickly.

Or I could just drink grandpappy's ouzo. :icon_drunk:

I always, always drink beer from a glass. BUT I often drink wine straight from a bottle, so go figure (Its the fantasy of rock and roll stardom that drives my slovenly action with wine..........

...... and a three day growth.

I had some people around not too long ago and they were given a glass of my homebrew and went to take an appreciative sip...
"No" my 3 year old daughter said to them "You have to smell it first!"

Gold!

For about the last year, my 3yo daughter has been saying "I have a taste?" whenever she sees me with a pint glass in my hand. On the odd occasion when I let her taste, she screws up her face, but still asks for more. My 6yo son, on the other hand, takes one sip and says "Nah thanks".

OT, always a glass! How else do you get to admire the colour, the clarity (or cloudiness for your wits)? It's a slippery slope. One day you're in the supermarket looking at the tins thinking "Hmm, that's an interesting idea", and before you know it you're planning the reno's around temperature controlled storage and three phase power for the RIMS setup, and wondering whether you can sell your left kidney to pay for a larger stainless steel conicocylindrical fermenter.

T.

One day you're in the supermarket looking at the tins thinking "Hmm, that's an interesting idea", and before you know it you're planning the reno's around temperature controlled storage and three phase power for the RIMS setup, and wondering whether you can sell your left kidney to pay for a larger stainless steel conicocylindrical fermenter.

bahaha so true :rolleyes:

during the summer months I take a PET bottle of lawnmower beer with me if I go for a walk/stroll with the family around the neighbourhood. just something that doesnt matter if you cant get a good smell. enjoy the simple flavours of a good beer on a lesuirely stroll. lovely.

if im at home or at a bar/resurant etc its out of a glass.

One day you're in the supermarket looking at the tins thinking "Hmm, that's an interesting idea", and before you know it you're planning the reno's around temperature controlled storage and three phase power for the RIMS setup, and wondering whether you can sell your left kidney to pay for a larger stainless steel conicocylindrical fermenter.

That's not normal?

After six or seven beer i dont care where i drink my beer from as long as there is still beer!!!

Fourstar is right, think of your tastebuds man, treat em right, pour into a glass, get your act together.
Sounds like you need practice pouring, i suggest you pour a few every night until you get it right...
I practice nightly... if you don't use it you lose it.....

;)

Latest posts

Back