Osama Bin Laden Dead

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2c's people shouldn't think that all Yanks are like the clowns on u-tube,Last night i was talking to a friend in Boston about all this.Shes a nurse at a Veterans Affairs hospital there .She's ex U.S. Airforce and NATO,her son is a Marine serving in Afghanistan ,and her nephew has just been sent there as a IED bomb disposal expert.To use her words "A feckin' death sentence" .She's as a patriotic Yank as you would get She is soooo pissed with the US government for all their crap and so are heaps of her friends,no way does she believe OBL's death will stop anything,either do her friends or family Let's not think all the septics are like those drunken DH's Rant over .. :D

obl has not made any videoes in years, all his messages have been in the form of audio so no one can point out he hasnt aged in ten years. there is no body, wich has been dumped in the sea for 'religous ' reasons, and dna has magically been achieved in under 24 hours.a single perfectly aimed headshot in middle of a frantic and close fire fight where they missed and killed a human shield.none of this makes any sense.
he was probably dead years ago but the us gov needed theyre scary bogey man alive to fuel the hate they need to get support for the war and now was as good a time as any for a president seeking an unlikely re election to anounce his death. untill they show some real facts im not going to believe this story at all. and to agree with some others arent we supposed to be the civil humanatarian side in this war. seeing all the yanks dancing and carrying on in the street over killing some one makes me really wonder who the mad fanatics really are.

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

I knew there was a quote floating about somewhere that summed up my thoughts on the situation better than I could cobble together.

The thing nor nothing like it was around in Martin Luther King`s day. What a win! Dead or Alive= Mission Complete!

I was saddened when I saw our Julia say

"I welcome the death of..."

as much bad as this man created and glorified.. Ive seen enough death myself to think that saying I 'welcome' the death of anybody is a tad... (cant find word to put here)

I don't welcome death for anyone... there is (should be) no joy that comes of this... indeed I am now holding my breath...

(complete disclaimer on my avatar)

Yob

The thing nor nothing like it was around in Martin Luther King`s day. What a win! Dead or Alive= Mission Complete!

Eh?

The Thing was created by Stan Lee in 1961. 7 years before Kings assassination. :p

In your mind it may be "Mission Complete" but in reality the "Mission" was not to kill OBL. If that were so, allied troops would already be on the way home.

If Martin Luther King Jr had remained alive and others like him had risen to power, maybe the USA wouldn't have done some of the stupid things that have partly led to the events over the past decade or so. Terrorism was alive and well before and during Kings life, it has simply evolved.
The world could do with more people like MLK.

I like him dead. Wheres Will n Kate honeymooning?

my very short 2c for those conspiracy theorist out there, if Bin Laden was alive he would be the first to tell us don't you think...

my very short 2c for those conspiracy theorist out there, if Bin Laden was alive he would be the first to tell us don't you think...

My neighbor is a hard core new world order / conspiracy theorist! He owns lots of guns and refuses to use the drive through bottle O a the local pub as they have a camera, and he claims 'someone who drives the same blue Landcruiser as me can commit a murder, and I can go to jail for it because I'm on the video tape near were it could happen.'

We discussed this at length, but there's no amount of logic that can help him. He also refuses to see any benefit in daylight saving (makes couriers late apparently - of course I offered to show then how to reset their clocks) :rolleyes:

I must ask him about Osama this weekend....

If he organised the planes to fly into the world trade centre he probably would've told us about it 10 years ago as well. It struck me as odd at the time that he didn't.

Kelby, I watched loose change last night which definitely has some interesting points. I started watching the rebuttal version but it was late so I didn't see all of that one. More interesting points in that one too.

fino what it's got to do with beer but since the thread is alredy here,..

what gives this tool the right to put people to death ? what happened to due process? where's the proof/ evidence/ trial ?
first hussein then gaddafis kid now this, maybe i'm next for jay walking. he's no better than any of them. why shoot dead an unarmed man? why not arrest him? american propaganda machine at work, Goebbels would be proud

fino what it's got to do with beer but since the thread is alredy here,..

what gives this tool the right to put people to death ? what happened to due process? where's the proof/ evidence/ trial ?
first hussein then gaddafis kid now this, maybe i'm next for jay walking. he's no better than any of them. why shoot dead an unarmed man? why not arrest him? american propaganda machine at work, Goebbels would be proud

This is a very important point glaab. Killing someone because we think he did it makes us just as bad as the alleged 'enemies of freedom'. One of those freedoms is the right to a trial.

Some might say that he did not give his victims a trial, but that street works both ways. Bringing a man to trial not only ensures that justice is served, but that it means that it is served to the right person, ie the real guy isn't still walking around.

Someone told me something interesting today. Apparently this quote
"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

is not a MLK jr quote, but instead spawned from a single facebook post on monday. A quick googling and i came up with this.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archiv...is-born/238220/

I just thought that was really interesting.

first hussein...
So Hussein's well cover trial at The Hague doesn't count for some reason?

The suggestion is that he made a sudden move - "possibly for a weapon". It has been noted that the room was full of AKs. There are also living, unsympathetic witnesses so it'll all come out in the wash one way or the other.

As he was a devout practicing muslim I can only assume that he would have issuse with production of a non-halal beverage produced with bacteria (yeast) AKA as beer. What is the problem??
GF

Latest posts

Back