Ordering From Oz Tops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshisgood

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered from oztops.com.au? I want to get a couple of their kits I just wanted to make sure it's safe to order from. Cheers josh

Has anyone here ordered from oztops.com.au? I want to get a couple of their kits I just wanted to make sure it's safe to order from. Cheers josh
I bought one from them via ebay. Had no issue at all, came quite quickly...

I bought from the site. Very quick, responded promptly to emailed questions, etc. I've had a lot of fun with the Oztops. What're your plans?

I bought from the site. Very quick, responded promptly to emailed questions, etc. I've had a lot of fun with the Oztops. What're your plans?

Cool thanks for that, I'll put an order in today. Plans so far just to make some easy cider, try different juices etc, have you tried anything different with it?

The thing I'm most proud of is the blackcurrant and apple spiced mead. It was soooo tasty (recipe in the non-beer section).

Tried lots of juices too. Don't recommend the apple and tropical (passionfruit or mango) unless you've got a thing for fruity lexia. My alcowater was my most interesting find. Just put down 20 L of it, for alcoholic gingerbeer for summer. Also used them to formulate a cider recipe. Good times.

Hi, you can get OZtops from Brewers Choice stores in Brisbane for $19.95, or order them on our webshop at www.brewerschoice.com.au.

Any of the blackcurrent type juices taste great. Make sure they are preservative free and avoid the citurs ones as these kill the yeasts.

I bought them on the ebay site for the $24.95 with free shipping. Came next day express post. Happy as can be.

Lots of fun with them, lots of easy drinking sparkling juices / ciders etc. Good to see how what you pitched is progressing too. Comes up quickly.

I bought them on the ebay site for the $24.95 with free shipping. Came next day express post. Happy as can be.

Lots of fun with them, lots of easy drinking sparkling juices / ciders etc. Good to see how what you pitched is progressing too. Comes up quickly.

Gees that's good / quick. I ordered Thursday arvo but it hasn't arrived as yet (now being the following tuesday arvo).

Seriously, if you have wanted to try something like Oztops, or have but want to try to do it yourself you should try this.

I went to Bunnings and got a few cistern washers (only $1 each), that are the perfect size for fitting under a 2 or 3lt juice lid.
All I did was with a sharp knife put a very small slit in the rubber washer.

I went to the shops and bought my apple juice, apple and blackcurrent etc, and then drilled a small hole in the 2 lids and popped a washer with a cut slit in it under each juice lid.

All I do now is use these insetad of Oztops, and wash and sterilise and reuse all I want.

I buy my own yeast for my beer, so whenever I buy a kit I keep the packet yeasts in the fridge and just use a quarter of the packet of dry yeast into my bottle of juice, pop in a little honey or dex and put on my washer and lid with a hole in it (the washer fits snuggly inside the lid and gets a perfect seal). I still pour off a little of the juice for head space, but find I get activity within 24 hours at room temp, and ferment to a good level in 4 or 5 days, and the carbonation is great!

I find the packet beer yeast does not ferment as dry as a wine or champage yeast, it stays a little sweeter, and the rule of thumb I use is about 4 days gets you 4 to 5% alc vol, 5 days gets you about 5 to 6% and so on...not a perfect science but I have had no issues at all and it has made some great brews.

Total costs...
washer $1.00
3l juice $3.00
yeast nothing as I already had packet yeasts and I drop a little honey or dextrose in for added fermentation.

When ready, I pop in the fridge.

If I want I transfer it to PET bottles and add a little dex as primer, leave at room temp for another couple of days (you can feel the PET swell), then put in the fridge so I have 4*750m bottles from my 3l of juice.

Seriously, it tsates just as good as Oztops, and costs the price of the juice you use!

Try it, have some fun.

Think it would work with smaller washers and a pet bottle?

Latest posts

Back