One Month On Ahb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayzi

Reaction score
Well after one month of reading, learning and talking to you all on this forum my brewing process has gone through on heck of a change. I was just brewing K&K by the instructions, The kit and the kilo, about 7 days in a fermenter and then bottled, priming each bottle. (mods please don't bar me from the site for my sins!)

I've just bottled the last kit I owned today (a brigalow draught -oh well see what happens with it) which was brewed using light malt and dextrose, I even hydrated the yeast! Its been fermented at a much much lower temp 18c instead of around 25+, into a secondary, left to settle for a couple of weeks, bulk primed in yet another fermeter and bottled. Its unbelivable tthe difference in how the beer looks let alone how it will taste. Its soooooo clear!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd thank you all. I know its not much but its a pretty decent step for me this end, I can see the beer is going to be uncomparable to what I was doing.

I'm off to the central coast on the weekend for a few weeks with plans to meet up with Crusher for an AG brew day. Time to learn about that and start collecting gear to AG, first thing on the shopping list though is a keg setup. Looks like there is a whole world out there of hops, yeasts and grain to explore.

Cheers
Brendan

The dark force is strong in this one :D

That's what we're here for, furthering the production of quality brews :chug:

That's what we're here for, furthering the production of quality brews :chug:

Now i just need to show the partner this and can lay the blame fair and square on you lot. I was happy with K&K till i found this site and now i find myself dreaming of mashing, sparging and fresh hops...... :D

Was at a mates place last night and saw 5 eskys in his shed. he was talking about something but all i could think of was how easy i could convert them into mash tuns.....

Bastards the lot of ya! :p

I'm off to the central coast on the weekend for a few weeks with plans to meet up with Crusher for an AG brew day.

And a damn fine day you should have with Crusher :beerbang:

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back