Old Speckled Hen-target Water Profile

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, goomboogo. But in all fairness to that completely accurate and not at all made up "fact" - as a mature age (but not behaved) student, no score was taken into consideration for my application.

Yes, you have hit a sore spot. A real bugbear of mine is reading absolute bullshit.

Yes, you have hit a sore spot. A real bugbear of mine is reading absolute bullshit.

Ah! so now I'm really getting to know you!
I hope your not going to make an enemy of me for trangressing your perception of me based on one statement.
At 72yrs I have learnt that tolerance is important to making a contribution; wherever.

Ignorance seems to be right up there as well.

Tap water it is for the time being, At least filtered tap water.

I sorry to hear you don't like engineers, They're debatedly more intelligent than the general population but they have personality quirks just like the rest of us. Don't hold that against them. Did you have a less than favourable experience with them at some time?
I've worked with them & found them OK, certainly not supercilous about their degree qualifications, Their not tradesmen but professionals & naturally that will come across.as a different level of expertise, so I'm not prejudiced against them as a profession.

Cheers
dalpets
:lol: Come to an Adelaide meet up and you can meet up with allsorts of people, not the least is Raven19, our favourite engineer, along with DrSmurto, who is really a Dr, Quantumbrewer, who is really a Mad Scientist :D butters, a box welder and a few more of us dwarfs. Most with a sense of humour and ALL willing to help fellow brewers with whatever we are able.
Cheers
Nige

Elaborate please!
I choose to refrain from doing so as I've already made things too personal for no reason other than my own annoyance. My apologies go out to anyone who has had the misfortune to read my contribution (such as it is).

Good luck with the brew and I will continue to read this thread (and the previous one) you made about this beer with interest (admittedly out of self-interest).

I choose to refrain from doing so as I've already made things too personal for no reason other than my own annoyance. My apologies go out to anyone who has had the misfortune to read my contribution (such as it is).

Good luck with the brew and I will continue to read this thread (and the previous one) you made about this beer with interest (admittedly out of self-interest).

bum,

Thanks for that.
I look forward to a cordial online relationship with you in the future.

All the best at university & otherwise

Cheers
dalpets

I look forward to a cordial online relationship with you in the future.
Given time you will find that this is unlikely but I'll see what I can do. ;)

All the best at university & otherwise
Thank you and you have my best wishes (regardless of the tone of future posts on my behalf).

As Charlie Papazian said "RELAX -- DON'T WORRY, HAVE A HOMEBREW"

Been brewing for 41 years and sometimes Bullshit really does baffles Brains. Don't get me wrong a lot of great knowledge has pushed the humble brewer a long way over the years, but don't get too hung up on some of the TECHNO-TROUSERS of brewing, as many of the best drops ever brewed have had very limited knowledge behind them.

Use knowledge to the best advantage, but it's a long way between a water profile and a good bottle of beer.

Given time you will find that this is unlikely but I'll see what I can do. ;)

Thank you and you have my best wishes (regardless of the tone of future posts on my behalf).

Maybe in that event I should ask that you don't respond to any of my posts given that you harbor such dislike for me.

best wishes dalpets

TECHNO-TROUSERS
So, if anyone is lurking but is contemplating registering now is your opportunity to take this awesome username for yourself...

Maybe in that event I should ask that you don't respond to any of my posts given that you harbor such dislike for me.
My comments were (pretty clearly, I'd have thought) more about me than you.

Also, history teaches us that such requests fall on deaf ears.

So, if anyone is lurking but is contemplating registering now is your opportunity to take this awesome username for yourself...

My comments were (pretty clearly, I'd have thought) more about me than you.

Also, history teaches us that such requests fall on deaf ears.

Consummatum est.
in the case of 9 barrels (captain) v 3 barrels (corporal)

The barrels really only reflect the amount of spare time a person has, dalpets.

The barrels really only reflect the amount of spare time a person has, dalpets.
Hey. I'm retired,bum, but I've only got 3 barrels. Maybe I'm not drinking enough brews.

Well, that is a sorry state of affairs and you should know better at your age!

Now that you've identified the problem we can all work towards helping you rectify that situation. Bottoms up.

Well, that is a sorry state of affairs and you should know better at your age!

At my age, unfortunately, one can't consume what one used to in the heyday of youth. A beer gut grows exponentionally as the years pass and for most of us olds ones health takes on a premium status. God forbid, though, that I should need to resign myself to gluten free or organic beers, Actually I've never tried them so I can't speak from experience. If they are like other things that are good for you their probably sub-par taste wise :).

My outlook is you only come this way once and, within reason, why not enjoy it, and you won't to die wondering,

Latest posts

Back