Water Profile

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatYodaGuy

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I was wondering if anyone has the water profile for Adelaide, particularly the bits applicable to BeerSmith (Ca, Mg, Na, SO4, and HCO3).

I've got the pH (7.0-7.9 avg 7.3), but the others have to be specifically tested at a cost of around $150.

I can't say this knowledge would improve my brews, I'm just a little curious - not curious enough to get the water tested though.

So, if anyone's had theirs tested and would be so kind as to let me in to this little secret there might be some jerky in it for you (next time I do a batch... [emoji13])

Cheers!

Nope. They don't provide the relevant data (see above). I called them to get what I was after, to which they said they'd have to do detailed testing. Do you really think I wouldn't Google first?

No jerky for you.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who don't use google.... "please just hand it to me on a platter"

Anyway, charging for that information is bullshit, they should be monitoring it anyway. You haven't spoken to the right person yet.

When I got in touch with the right guy at my local water supplier, he gave me multiple readings for each analyte that I asked for, including the date on which each reading was taken so I know they are current.

I might be lucky to get that much detail, but you shouldn't have to pay, freedom of information and all that shite.

Looks like it might be a little painful to get, may need to lodge an FOI request to get it!

Pretty weird as every other state/city has a full analysis on line.

Latest posts

Back