Oktoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyrocks

Reaction score
It's on again, today and tomorrow at the German Club - Woolloongabba.

Who is attending tomorrow - we can arrange a catch up.

Cheers,

mossy

And it's on again at the Otway Estate. I won't be there though, doing my own thing with a few mates.

Anyone doing the costume thing?

That was officially my last brisbane german club oktoberfest. Was bad enough when they dumbed down the beer list a year or 2 ago (although I can understand from a service point of view.), but the defining moment was when I heard a bloke behind me in rented lederhosen getup ask his female partner "What do you think is less fattening?" in regard to the beer list. I will happily drink there the other 364 days of the year, but the first saturday in october is now a no-no.

That was officially my last brisbane german club oktoberfest. Was bad enough when they dumbed down the beer list a year or 2 ago (although I can understand from a service point of view.), but the defining moment was when I heard a bloke behind me in rented lederhosen getup ask his female partner "What do you think is less fattening?" in regard to the beer list. I will happily drink there the other 364 days of the year, but the first saturday in october is now a no-no.
You should have just whacked him with a very large kransky....

I'll be heading to the other Brisbane Oktoberfest next Friday night at the RNA showgrounds.

Same story, but beer and sausages...I can't say no.

PB

You should have just whacked him with a very large kransky....

I'll be heading to the other Brisbane Oktoberfest next Friday night at the RNA showgrounds.

Same story, but beer and sausages...I can't say no.

PB
You must be a sucker for the punishment PB. I will be tapping a keg of oktoberfest at my place while BBQing sausages from heinz meats in the 'gabba instead. Wankers in rented lederhosen who really want to drink xxxx gold are barred. Talking about the clientele there tonight of course, and not any AHB members who may have been in rented lederhosen.

Back