NZ Pilsner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTG

Reaction score
I heard the term New Zealand Pilsner for the first time the other day and wandered if anyone from the other side of the Tasman had a good recipe.
The description was highly attenuated, gold clean Pilsner, low fermentation character and with the use of tropical hops.

If you can get hold of McCashins Stoke Pilsner recipe you will not be disappointed, their Kiwi IPA was really good too, Dan Murphy's was selling the pilsner worth having a taste.

If you can get hold of McCashins Stoke Pilsner recipe you will not be disappointed, their Kiwi IPA was really good too, Dan Murphy's was selling the pilsner worth having a taste.

Will keep an eye out.
Found one called Pivo Pils on Brewers friend, uses a dry hop Saphir never heard of this one.

I personally find that Motueka and Pacifica have both noble and new world traits that work great in a pilsner. If you want to push the new world side then Riwaka and Nelson Sauvin work though I find they push the beer more to an APA. I have tried many other NZ hops but find they don't work great in a pils style.

Back