Nucleated glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osprey brewday

Reaction score
Purchased a dozen nonic pint glasses and on inspection found they are smooth in bottom im just after peoples thoughts on wether to etch the bottom of them or not and the best way to do it i have an engraver and neighbour has a sandblast cabinet. any one in the know or done it before

I've done it with a piece of sandpaper taped over the rubber end of a pencil before.

Most of my glasses are etched, albeit done by the manufacturer, but unless I take 3 hours to drink a glass of beer, it rarely goes flat before I finish it.

Gotta agree with Stu. Unless you drink pints like I do they'll only flatten quicker and also produce more head whilst pouring. I kinda like a pint with minimal head for some reason.

But if you're keen definitely give the sand blaster a go on one or two. You could even make a simple stencil out of something durable and customize the etching.

I've etched a few glasses with the sand blaster and a toilet roll tube, to keep the etch on the bottom only. My son asked for it to get a head on Corona.

Latest posts

Back