Nsw State Homebrewing Competition 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to drink mine :icon_cheers:

Definitely interested in sending a few bottles down for the nationals. Let me know if you guys end up organising something for this.

Still working on this, folks. More news tomorrow for sure. :)

im surprised how well my honey ginger beer did. i knew it wasnt to style but hell i thought id give it a go. 85 not a bad score for it.

I stewarded, basically it was a good ginger beer, but the judges were a bit perplexed as to whether it should have been entered or not.

I stewarded, basically it was a good ginger beer, but the judges were a bit perplexed as to whether it should have been entered or not.
i wasnt going to but was talked in to it by craig, after a few pints

Yes, usually something is arranged with a home brew shop. For example ESB/The Brew Shop might be sending stuff down to Grain and Grape and can add the entries to the pallet. You could ring Dave and ask ( I don't mind asking but I am not officially official). Otherwise we might be able to arrange some joint shipment. I want to avoid Aussie Post. Sent down several entries to the Grand Ridge comp and all the score sheets commented on cloudy, fusels, high fermentation temps etc (and I sent it overnight express). The deadline is 11th October at G&G.

Comrade,
I won't be joining you in representing NSW (& ESB) at the Nationals.
I finished both 1st place beers some time back!
They were mashed in March for our Sydney comp, & while the Stout might be "passable", the ESB was well & truly past it's best before date.

None of the above should come as a surprise to you.

Good luck,
Pete

PS Prob. won't see you & the boys tomorrow night either.
We are currently in battle of wills with 4yr old. She got her father's stubborn gene.

ESB have kindly agreed to act as a drop off point for entries to the nationals. The national competition are not paying for this, and with the money left in the state kitty we can stretch to one crate full of entries (or possibly two if anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap courier service) so it'll be first in best dressed. So entries to ESB by Monday 6th October to give us enough time to get them to Melbourne by the closing date (11th October).

Thats great Stuster. It's not true what they say about you.

kabooby ;)

I don't mind paying my share so let me know. Thanks for organising it, much appreciated. :icon_cheers:

stu i do have a mate that runs a courier company if this helps. let me know before saturday otherwise after the long weekend

:D
Do you get and/or have you had much in the past?

No pete, thankfully not, we're an accepting lot aren't we!!!! :p

The good thing about the judging setup, on the rare (......ahem.......) times there is a fairly wide difference in the judges opinions you can sit back and ask yourself, Is what I'm thinking really right?? given there is clearly differing perception of various food flavours across a range of people. After a while you can pick up what your certain sensivities are and allow for that as well. In most cases you can come to a pretty close consensus.

In most cases you can come to a pretty close consensus.

So it was just my table that biffed it out until Head Judge Stu broke us up, gave us bandaids and condescending looks. Lucky we only had plastic cups, thou they can draw blood if you try hard enough :ph34r:

Just joking, it really was all a big happy family, the scores were all in the acceptable points spread or the chains were not taken off at the end of each flight .... :eek:

:rolleyes:

any word on when this year's competition will be held?

I'm keen to enter some competitions, but there doesn't seem to be too many this year.

I haven't heard anything yet and speaking to Keith last month he hadn't. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and get this moving. Is anybody interested? If so, contact Keiththebeerguy or Ray Mills and see what you can organise.

The Castle Hill show comp will be running again this year, mid-October. :icon_cheers:

I haven't heard anything yet and speaking to Keith last month he hadn't. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and get this moving. Is anybody interested? If so, contact Keiththebeerguy or Ray Mills and see what you can organise.

The Castle Hill show comp will be running again this year, mid-October. :icon_cheers:

Stu,
Did I read somewhere that the ISB's are running the Castle Hill Comp this year?
If so, how come the Hills Brewers aren't looking after the comp. in their own area?

Pete

Latest posts

Back