Nsw State Homebrewing Competition 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

I just posted the Pics i took over the weekend in the gallery here

I've forgotten a few names - sorry.

Enjoy
crozdog

Sounds like it was a ripper of a weekend. Congrats to all involved in making it come together - a class act from the start!

Cheers
Rod

I sure did, and a few samples of the Quadrupel Weizenbock to anyone interested as well.

Les your Weizenbock was great, even after judging a flight & stewarding, it tasted fantastic. Im glad you put in the effort and stayed for Sun as well. Good company & good beers.

cheers

A big thanks to stu and phil for putting it on.

a special mention to linz and his misses for bringing the onions on sunday.

Thanks Stu
Just received the score sheets and certificates which look great. Going over the detailed comments so thanks to all the judges for their indepth evaluations.
Also a big thanks to all the sponsors.

Thanks Stu
Just received the score sheets and certificates which look great. Going over the detailed comments so thanks to all the judges for their indepth evaluations.
Also a big thanks to all the sponsors.

Got my results today too.
I likewise congrats the ISB team for running the NSW State Comp (esp Stuster and Crozdog), the sponsors and the judges.
It is awesome to see the level of commitment from the judges with the great level of detail (and judge contact information).

Homebrewing in Australia has certainly come a long way since I started.

Doc

Got mine yesterday too. It was great to read the judges notes.
That certificate is gonna look great on the brewery wall! :D
Thanks to the ISB guys, Dave's HBS (where I'll be visiting sometime soon!) and everyone else involved.
Cheers
Pete

Thanks to the judges for excelent feedback. Although some were a bit hard to read, most of them were excellent.

I had a couple of beers that were flat :(
Next time I bottle after a long lagering period I will force carb or use fresh yeast

I would also appreciate feedback on my judging, just be kind.

Kabooby :)

Well done fellas. Only a few which require decrypting into english, I might need to take them to a DR for translation. :lol:

Im mostly happy with the results for my entries. Although not placing well, I think a flaw ive been trying to identify has been. DMS! I could barely drink the beer myself so its good to know what it is. Strange though, i had attributed it to WLP002 since every beer i brewed with it had the same off flavour/aroma.

So thanks to all involved.

Yeah, just got our results in the mail as well. Generally some really useful feedback, although one of the judges I got seemed afraid to use comments that consisted of more than two words. Thanks again to all involved.

Got my results today.

Very happy

3 of the 4 beers i entered had faults..... all different and now thanks to the detailed comments about the faults i can go taste then and educate myself a bit more.

After producing about a Kiloliter of infected beer in the last 12 months i loved the comment from one judge saying i should try using a sanatiser :lol:

I didnt think of that :p

Big thanks to all involved!

cheers

Hey Tony

You should try coopers Sodium Metabisulpate :blink:

kabooby ;)

im surprised how well my honey ginger beer did. i knew it wasnt to style but hell i thought id give it a go. 85 not a bad score for it.

Good day
Is there going to be a drop off point in NSW for entries going to the National?

Good day
Is there going to be a drop off point in NSW for entries going to the National?

Very good question, Barry. Hadn't thought about that. Is that what normally happens?

Yes, usually something is arranged with a home brew shop. For example ESB/The Brew Shop might be sending stuff down to Grain and Grape and can add the entries to the pallet. You could ring Dave and ask ( I don't mind asking but I am not officially official). Otherwise we might be able to arrange some joint shipment. I want to avoid Aussie Post. Sent down several entries to the Grand Ridge comp and all the score sheets commented on cloudy, fusels, high fermentation temps etc (and I sent it overnight express). The deadline is 11th October at G&G.

Ok. I'll look into it, Barry. Thanks for pointing this out.

Latest posts

Back