NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please could the person who sent an email to The Brew Shop re sponsorship please check your voice mails. Dave ranged the number given but he has received no reply. Thanks.

Barry said:
Please could the person who sent an email to The Brew Shop re sponsorship please check your voice mails. Dave ranged the number given but he has received no reply. Thanks.
Barry, I have forwarded a screenshot to the club executive for action.

Hopefully one of them was the individual seeking contact.

Thanks for the heads up!

Any update on what the categories are, what version of BJCP is used and location/schedule of dropoff points in Sydney?

True Tony, everyone is in the same boat but for people who like to be organised and plan it doesn't leave much room.

When it was known they were organising, a quick website and an announcement through the usual brew related media websites would have been awesome, even if tentative details were included.

But for all we know they only found out the day before it was posted here as well.

All I know is, its a bit late for some of my planned beers this year, but I have just moved house. I'll still smash out an entry or two in time, and may have something to CPBF to get another entry in the door.

Good brewers improvise!

Also, someone from HUB may want to try and get the AABC website updated from 23rd of august at the castle hill show to 8th/9th august!

Codehopper said:
Any update on what the categories are, what version of BJCP is used and location/schedule of dropoff points in Sydney?
they will be using the aabc version
http://www.aabc.org.au
its on here. its slightly different to the bjcp version.

it needs to be changed as newcastle is running the states not castle hill

barls said:
it needs to be changed as newcastle is running the states not castle hill
Thanks for the info. I'll contact them, and hopefully expedite the update.

Not sure where they got that from or who added it.

Can we get the drop off points and cut off dates for Sydney entrants soon please?

mckenry said:
Can we get the drop off points and cut off dates for Sydney entrants soon please?
Hopefully some time this month. </sarcasm>

Hi,

A few of the beers that Im entering are being bottled from the keg system with counter pressure and these will be stored cold.

Is it possible to drop them off either 1-2days before the comp so they go straight into the fridge? As I understand that drop off points will not keep them cold.

Dan

Just to reduce stress, unofficially I can tell you the different The Brew Shop(s) have agreed to be drop off points as well as some other homebrew shops. So get bottling and get those entries ready.

Barry said:
Just to reduce stress, unofficially I can tell you the different The Brew Shop(s) have agreed to be drop off points as well as some other homebrew shops. So get bottling and get those entries ready.
and a date?

That I don't know, hopefully it will announced soon

I check this thread hourly in anticiaptionnnnnn!! even just to read a flyer.. Maybe I'm just excited!

Am I correct to assume that we are just over 3 weeks away from the state comp and still can't see anything official or a flyer for drop points for the state comp!!!!
And what dates they need to be dropped off by !!!

beer slayer said:
Am I correct to assume that we are just over 3 weeks away from the state comp and still can't see anything official or a flyer for drop points for the state comp!!!!
You are correct. But the way I see it, I have what I'm entering and fortunately for me, the ESB shops (unofficially drop off points) are close enough.
Pity the guys living in whoop whoop.

beer slayer said:
Or what styles are being judged (meads and ciders?), how many entries per style/category, etc

Its a shame, because I've spent a year on some of my brews aging and perfecting, and at this point, who knows if its even going ahead?

Latest posts

Back