NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer slayer

Reaction score
Does anybody know the dates for the NSW state comp this year?
Cant seem to find the dates anywhere.

Cheers

hasn't been announced yet. rumour is that hub is running it but as of yet nothing has been said.

Thanks Barls,

Come on HUB lets have dates if your committing.

As mentioned in another thread I am not on the HUB committee but I do have some more details. Yes, HUB are running it this year.

Judging will be held at Hunter Beer Co on 8th & 9th August. Drop off points and cut off dates are TBC.

Dazz.

8th / 9th August .. almost certainly rules me out of a road trip north - football commitments still there. Though time I put a couple of entries into the competition. Good one HUB boys.

I'll be there on the day and, yes, HUB are indeed running the competition this year.

Our next club meeting is on Friday 19 June, and more will be revealed after that.

When drop off locations are confirmed can some one post. Oh and categories being judged.

MastersBrewery said:
When drop off locations are confirmed can some one post. Oh and categories being judged.
I'll make sure the details are posted.

Stuster has advertised for the castle hill state brewing comp at the end of August and this thread says its start of August at HUB??

Youre half right mate, Castle Hill are having a comp but not the state titles, have another look. :)

I think the final washup last year was: HUB not able to host the State Comp so let's make the Castle Hill Comp the State Comp as well.

This year the comps have "forked" with the State Comp to be held in the Hunter, as the entry comp for the National Competition.

So two major competitions .. the more the merrier :super:

I would assume that Castle Hill would be open to residents of other States, but not (obviously) the State Comp held in the Hunter.

edit: that should read residents of other States welcome at Castle Hill but residents of other States not eligible for State Comp.

No worries.
Sadly no fliers yet but as Warra said above our meeting is this Friday and I hope that all the remaining details will be made clear then.

Some more details. No fliers yet, but I'll try to post those as soon as they are available. Drop off points will also be advised later.

The NSW State Competition, organised by Hunter United Brewers (HUB), will be held at Potters Brewery, in their function room over the weekend of 8 & 9 August 2015.
Proceedings will get underway from about 9:00 am on the day.

Entries will require 2 bottles each, from 330ml up, either in glass or PET.

First 3 placings will qualify for an entry into the Nationals Competition.

Potters Brewery Link: http://www.pottershbr.com.au/#!BREWERY

Links to HUB are posted in the club section of this forum.

Latest posts

Back