Nsw July Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentlemen, please keep such indiscretions as PMs... Especially as you are both family men. :)

:D

Well, I got the beer engine about 18 months ago, we IBUs love our real ale. I got (most of) mine locally but had parts sent over from the old country for a reasonable sum.

If you have family travelling, it's worth the ask but beer engines are quite heavy, mines at least 7kg. They'd have to really like you.

cheers

grant

Just bottled my beer for the case swap. Got the 28 glass longnecks for the swap plus a handful of bottles for me :D

The colour has changed quite a bit compared to before fermentation. Started out dark brown, now it looks more like an amber ale to be honest.
Quite bitter and a bit of hop aroma, will have to try one in a couple of weeks when carbed up!

Are people starting to get ready for the swap or are there anyone who still haven't decided what to brew?

Bjorn

Bottled my Dubbel on Monday night. I think it will be ok, but probably nothing special. It seems quite lean at the moment but Im not sure if have just got used to the really big belgians and this is lean in comparison. Time will tell.

Cheers
Andrew.

im bottling the first half this weekend which means the second half may go on a different yeast if i get enough bottles out of the first batch. btw it has enough smoke like the schwartz i made
ps had that belgian you dropped off and it was brilliant.

Added my beer (NZ Rye PA). Brewing this weekend.

Gregor

1. Barls- either a smoked belgian dark or something 4 Fatz with fruit
2. nifty - some sort of ...
3. VACANT
4. Pollux - A beer of some sort.
5. Thommo
6. Gulpa
7. Retsamhsam
8. DJR - winter lager of some sort, possibly.
9. Josh - I'm thinking Bock
10. Muggus - More than likely something with Topaz hops
11. Gruntus - something German
12. mrs eyres - probably a porter/stout
13. Stuster - beer also
14. Davelovesbeer - no idea.
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho
18. Gregor - NZ Rye Pale Ale
19.Fatgodzilla - Dragon's Blood (hot, smoky,red)
20. Megs80
21. Boingk - Some kind of darker ale.
22. Bjorn J - Some kind of Aussie Lager probably?
23. Plyers - American pale ale or IPA
24. grantw - a mild
25. Bizier - Sumptin'
26. Unrealeous - A german larger or maybe an ESB
27. Smilee - do not know what I will make
28. VACANT

Sorry guys, I am going to duck out like a broken-legged mule.

My beer schedule has fallen way behind, and I have to sort out my setup somehow.

Sorry guys, I am going to duck out like a broken-legged mule.

My beer schedule has fallen way behind, and I have to sort out my setup somehow.

say_it_isn__t_so.jpg

Ben ................. not you, nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks to Barls for the gentle reminder that AHB and the July Case Swap all still exist. Life seems to have gotten in the way of hobbies lately.

I'll be in as lucky last. Fingers crossed I do better than my last effort (sorry about that).

I've only just put down my first two batches for this year! A quaffer that was meant to be pale but ended up a touch darker, and hopefully a tasty Hobgoblin inspired batch. I made them up about a month ago and cubed them, only got around to pitching them into the fermenter a couple of days ago.

If anyone is after long necks, I've got a good couple of boxes I'd be more than happy to part with - any donation greater than your time to come and get them is welcome. Feel free to PM me and we can work something out.

3. VACANT
5. Thommo
6. Gulpa
7. Retsamhsam
9. Josh - I'm thinking Bock
10. Muggus - More than likely something with Topaz hops
12. mrs eyres - probably a porter/stout
13. Stuster - beer also
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho
19.Fatgodzilla - Dragon's Blood (hot, smoky,red)
20. Megs80
22. Bjorn J - Some kind of Aussie Lager probably?
24. grantw - a mild
25. Bizier - Sumptin'
26. Unrealeous - A german larger or maybe an ESB
27. Smilee - do not know what I will make
28. Troy D - a random selection of grain, hops and yeast combined with water.

Damn it, just checked on the IPA I had planned to bottle for this, turns out I stuffed up somewhere and only got 20L........

I'll have to remake it this week, but remember to up my normal batch size so I can actually get 28 bottles out of it.

did the same tim but luckily had another cube awaiting fermentation. just waiting for it to finish now.

Hey All,

Ive had a problem with my system and havent been able to brew for the last couple of weeks. Instead of patching up the problem ive decided to upgrade to solve my issues. Becouse of this, the first time i will be able to brew will be the 20th of june.

Its abit late to find a fill in but if anyone knows of anyone who is keen to join the swap let me know. If not, your all going to be my guinea pigs for how this turns out :p . Ill make sure its something that should be drunk fresh.

Cheers,
Meggs

Hey All,

Ive had a problem with my system and havent been able to brew for the last couple of weeks. Instead of patching up the problem ive decided to upgrade to solve my issues. Becouse of this, the first time i will be able to brew will be the 20th of june.

Its abit late to find a fill in but if anyone knows of anyone who is keen to join the swap let me know. If not, your all going to be my guinea pigs for how this turns out :p . Ill make sure its something that should be drunk fresh.

Cheers,
Meggs

Stay in the swap Meggs. It won't be the first time we get late bottled beers (had some people filling bottles at the swap once!)

DATE AND VENUE FOR SWAP WANTED ..how does the 17th of July at Barls' place sound to people?

3. VACANT
5. Thommo - Maibock
6. Gulpa - Belgian Dubbel
7. Retsamhsam
9. Josh - Doppelbock WLP838 7.5% bottled 6/5
10. Muggus - Ottpaz SMASH Pale Ale - WLP23, 62ibu 5.0%abv bottled 19th March (replacement beer pending)
12. mrs eyres - Black Buste Porter 5.5% bottled 18th May
13. Stuster - Brett porter hopefully
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho APA
19.Fatgodzilla - American Rye Ale
20. Megs80
22. Bjorn J - Bjorn's Brown Beer
24. grantw - smoked porter
25. VACANT
26. Unrealeous
27. Smilee
28. Troy D - if only I knew?

Hi peeps,

I am yet to brew but I think I still have enough time to whip a decent brew to be involved in this.

So Number 3 is mine :)

See you all in July.

3. MaestroMatt - prob a spiced ale of some description
5. Thommo - Maibock
6. Gulpa - Belgian Dubbel
7. Retsamhsam
9. Josh - Doppelbock WLP838 7.5% bottled 6/5
10. Muggus - Ottpaz SMASH Pale Ale - WLP23, 62ibu 5.0%abv bottled 19th March (replacement beer pending)
12. mrs eyres - Black Buste Porter 5.5% bottled 18th May
13. Stuster - Brett porter hopefully
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho APA
19.Fatgodzilla - American Rye Ale
20. Megs80
22. Bjorn J - Bjorn's Brown Beer
24. grantw - smoked porter
25. VACANT
26. Unrealeous
27. Smilee
28. Troy D - if only I knew?

DATE AND VENUE FOR SWAP WANTED ..how does the 17th of July at Barls' place sound to people?
Sounds good if you're offering his place Fats!

Followed up by the HUB swap the weekend after. :beerbang:

Sounds good if you're offering his place Fats!

Followed up by the HUB swap the weekend after. :beerbang:

Happy to invite everyone to Barls place, anytime.

Though, the ESB World Cup Challenge is also on the 17th July. Conflict, conflict !!!!

What is everyone's thoughts?

ps .. the Rye Ale is shit!!!! What tasted soooooo good out of the fermenter is not worth a cracker! Very disappointed. Still, plenty of time for the next swap beer!

happy to host as i have said a few times now.
its just the date we need to work out. the 31st is out as im at a car show that weekend and the 17th is now the esb comp. i know we had the date first but lets work around it.
hows ether the 10th or 24th????
i already have joshs case.

24th July is good for me seeing as i haven't brewed anything yet :ph34r:

I'll have to knock out a pseudo-lager or, cough cough, an ale, given the time constraints ;)

Might as well just crank out YAAPA - Yet Another American Pale Ale... It might almost be ready for the 10th but might be a couple of weeks off carbonating...

Not fussy for dates, but I may have to drop my case of early and pick up later if thats OK, as my missus is due to have a kid early July

Bugger, already got the 17th off work. Guess I'll have to move that to the 24th now......

Latest posts

Back