Nsw July Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry tim, we did try to organise it early.
if everyone is happy for the 24th shall we make it then.

I'll still be away on the 24th. Oregon Brewers Festival that weekend.

Left a couple of beers to sample with my case at barls' place.

24th works well for me.

I just put the smoked porter onto the yeast last night, it smelled quite delicious. It may even be ready to drink by the 24th too!

Cheers

grant

I'll probably just drop my case off at Barl's whenever i'm down next - not sure if i'll be down the 24th.
It's been bottled for a couple of months, so it's been ready just a while...

drop off when your ready muggas, just give me a ring or pm first to make sure im here.

Hi peeps,

I am yet to brew but I think I still have enough time to whip a decent brew to be involved in this.

So Number 3 is mine :)

See you all in July.

1. Barls- either a smoked belgian dark or something 4 Fatz with fruit
2. nifty - some sort of ...
3. MaestroMatt - prob a spiced ale of some description
4. Pollux - A beer of some sort.
5. Thommo - Maibock
6. Gulpa - Belgian Dubbel
7. Retsamhsam
8. DJR - winter lager of some sort, possibly.
9. Josh - Doppelbock WLP838 7.5% bottled 6/5
10. Muggus - Ottpaz SMASH Pale Ale - WLP23, 62ibu 5.0%abv bottled 19th March (replacement beer pending)
11. Gruntus - something German
12. mrs eyres - Black Buste Porter 5.5% bottled 18th May
13. Stuster - Brett porter hopefully
14. Davelovesbeer - no idea.
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho APA
18. Gregor - NZ Rye Pale Ale
19.Fatgodzilla - American Rye Ale
20. Megs80
21. Boingk - Some kind of darker ale.
22. Bjorn J - Bjorn's Brown Beer
23. Plyers - American pale ale or IPA
24. grantw - smoked porter
25. VACANT
26. Unrealeous
27. Smilee
28. Troy D - if only I knew?
still one spot empty. Anyone want 2 step up.

does anyone have a problem with me using Belgian bottles and corking them, there may be a few champagne bottles in the mix as im just about to start bottling and i dont think the normal longies will take the pressure

does anyone have a problem with me using Belgian bottles and corking them, there may be a few champagne bottles in the mix as im just about to start bottling and i dont think the normal longies will take the pressure

yes, but you will ignore me anyway :icon_cheers: Do what you believe best, I trust you.

yes fatz i do ignore you on purpose most of the time ;)

It's cool with me, I'll live with one bottle, but I'm planning on dumping a pile of empty champers bottles on you anyway.

Speaking of bottles does anyone have any bottles i can take/buy? Need 27 of them :)

Brewing my APA now - It's 75% or so Weyermann Vienna with the remainder Pils, Melanoidin and Caramunich III. Amarillo/D Saaz 50/50 hop wise and US05.

Had some issues with hydro samples, all good.

Speaking of bottles does anyone have any bottles i can take/buy? Need 27 of them :)

Brewing my APA now - It's 75% or so Weyermann Vienna with the remainder Pils, Melanoidin and Caramunich III. Amarillo/D Saaz 50/50 hop wise and US05.

I got some bottles. Hornsby area. Let me know if you dont find anything closer.

cheers
andrew.

If only you had posted this yesterday, I was just up at the inlaws in Faulconbridge this afternoon....

just finished bottling, 62 bottles out of a double batch,

I've just tasted the smokey porter and find a lovely balance of smoke, brown malt, and roast flavour. It's the smoked beer you have when you're not having a smoked beer. Will be bottling it during the week. On track for timely consumption ( for once!)!

cheers

grant

sounds good mate looking forward to it.
just a heads up im going to be away with work the weeks leading up so if anyone wants to drop off early please get in contact with me so we can make arrangements for someone to be here.
labeling mine up tomorrow so should be fun.
looking forward to seeing everyone on the 24th. also pm for the address.
so whos bringing what to eat on the day. ill be flashing the little smoker up again so graham will be happy.
fat can you make it now that we changed weekends???
cheers barls

Oky doke. Dropped my beer off at Barls on the weekend.
Only 27 bottles of my swap beer, so I put in another longneck in there of my Spiced Pumpkin Belgian ale. The cap reads "10/P"...feel free to drink it on the or whatever if we don't have 28 entries. Otherwise someone will have to get it instead of my swap beer if we have 28.
I'm sure something will get figured out...

Simple, if we have 28 you just don't get one of your own.......:p

Seems the fairest to me, in reality, you only need 27 bottles to "swap", the other one is yours to take back home.

fat can you make it now that we changed weekends???
cheers barls

Unsure. Need to go to Wollongong on the 10th and was planning on going to the ESB comp on the 17th, but the ex is leaving Tuross on the following weekend for good and I may be caught up at home sorting out a few things. As a precaution I'll drop my beers into Grantw 's place to be certain and we'll play it by ear.

I've got a second batch in the bottle after the first one (my American rye and wheat) turned to shit. The newbie is a altbier.

Latest posts

Back