Nsw July Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed a Spiced Pumpkin Belgian Ale on the weekend.
TEMPTED to enter it in this swap, but I know how Fatz is with odd beer styles...

muggus do it, ive already got one batch of the smoked belgian dark strong brewing.

1. Barls- either a smoked belgian dark or something 4 Fatz with fruit
2. nifty - some sort of ...
3. MCT - Undecided at this stage
4. Pollux - A beer of some sort.
5. Thommo
6. Gulpa
7. Retsamhsam
8. DJR - winter lager of some sort, possibly.
9. Josh - I'm thinking Bock
10. Muggus - More than likely something with Topaz hops
11. Gruntus - something German
12. mrs eyres - probably a porter/stout
13. Stuster - beer also
14. Davelovesbeer - no idea.
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho
18. Gregor
19.Fatgodzilla - Rye ale
20. Megs80
21. Boingk - Some kind of darker ale.
22. Bjorn J - Some kind of Aussie Lager probably?
23. Plyers - American pale ale or IPA
24. grantw - a mild
25. Bizier - Sumptin'
26. Unrealeous - A german larger or maybe an ESB
27. Smilee - do not know what I will make or how to use the reply button :icon_cheers:

BREW YOUR BEERS NOW !
LOL :icon_chickcheers: It was late at night and I was at work when I posted will be putting something together today or tommorow..depends how busy we are at work..I work dog watch..

I brewed a Spiced Pumpkin Belgian Ale on the weekend.
TEMPTED to enter it in this swap, but I know how Fatz is with odd beer styles...

don't panic, I am mellowing now I have hit 50 !

Actually thought of doing a pumpkin beer myself. Got to stop going to that American beer site! Then the latest Zymurgy has a mango & passionfruit weisen - was thinking of doing a special 12l batch just for social experimentation. Of course.

just tasted the smoked belgian and am in two minds on whether i should share it as its got a shit load of smoke in it with the young dark strong flavour. this will be really good in a couple of months.
two spots still to fill if anyones game enough to try ( actually we are all just bark especially fatz)

just tasted the smoked belgian and am in two minds on whether i should share it as its got a shit load of smoke in it with the young dark strong flavour. this will be really good in a couple of months.
two spots still to fill if anyones game enough to try ( actually we are all just bark especially fatz)

I resemble that remark.

I'm making a rye ale and a smoked hot ale this weekend and will put the best of these in the swap. You ever tried a smoked malt & rye beer recipe? Worth considering?

1. Barls- either a smoked belgian dark or something 4 Fatz with fruit
2. nifty - some sort of ...
3. VACANT
4. Pollux - A beer of some sort.
5. Thommo
6. Gulpa
7. Retsamhsam
8. DJR - winter lager of some sort, possibly.
9. Josh - I'm thinking Bock
10. Muggus - More than likely something with Topaz hops
11. Gruntus - something German
12. mrs eyres - probably a porter/stout
13. Stuster - beer also
14. Davelovesbeer - no idea.
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho
18. Gregor
19.Fatgodzilla - Dragon's Blood (hot, smoky,red)
20. Megs80
21. Boingk - Some kind of darker ale.
22. Bjorn J - Some kind of Aussie Lager probably?
23. Plyers - American pale ale or IPA
24. grantw - a mild
25. Bizier - Sumptin'
26. Unrealeous - A german larger or maybe an ESB
27. Smilee - do not know what I will make
28. VACANT

Thank god there's 2 spots!
Only managed to get out 26 drinkable bottles of my other batch. :p

I'm brewing this Sunday (yes I know I'm a ******* but Mum's in Newie and the kids are entertaining theirs, so I've got the day to myself) and will be doing a smoked Porter for swapping. Pretty much the same recipe I made for the christmas swap last year (I think).

Closer to the swap I will be making a smoked mild to share at the swap - I plan to cube it and serve it real ale style through the beer engine. It should be interesting.

I've got some 1028 London Ale on slant for the pair of them. Hopefully they will turn out well.

cheers

grant

9. Josh - Doppelbock WLP838 7.5% bottled 6/5
Bottled my Doppelbock Thursday night. It was a double batch with the first 25L going into the case swap.

The other half I have given the eis treatment. Very happy with the resulting Eisbock. There's a bottle of that one in it for whoever wants to pick up my case as I'll be overseas on swap day.

do you want to drop it over early josh?

yeah ill leave it in the spare bathroom, next to the barley wine ive got tin there.

ill be waiting then share the bottle with the late hangers on at the swap.

Grant, when did you get a handpump????

I'm tempted to contact my inlaws (currently holidaying in the UK) and ask them if they have enough room in their suitcase.......

Latest posts

Back