Nsw July Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also try warb on here i remember him wanting to get rid of some.

The calender says yes, so I'm lucky last.

1. Barls- either a smoked belgian dark or something 4 Fatz with fruit
2. nifty - some sort of ...
3. MCT - Undecided at this stage
4. Pollux - A beer of some sort.
5. Thommo
6. Gulpa
7. Retsamhsam
8. DJR - winter lager of some sort, possibly.
9. Josh - I'm thinking Bock
10. Muggus - More than likely something with Topaz hops
11. Gruntus - something German
12. mrs eyres - probably a porter/stout
13. Stuster - beer also
14. Davelovesbeer - no idea.
15. Syd_03
16. Monkeybusiness
17. matho
18. Gregor
19.Fatgodzilla - Dragon's Blood (hot, smoky,red)
20. Megs80
21. Boingk - Some kind of darker ale.
22. Bjorn J - Some kind of Aussie Lager probably?
23. Plyers - American pale ale or IPA
24. grantw - a mild

Thanks Rets, I will try him if another source doesnt come thru.
Otherwise, I could always buy a couple of boxes of cheap swill and tip it down the drain :huh: .

Or you could buy some cases of cheap swill and drop them off at my place!
I'll empty them an drop the bottles off :D

thanks
Bjorn

Anyone got any spare glass brown longnecks?

I've got some you can have if you want to drive to Hill Top (near Mittagong), or Campbelltown during the day. You'll need to bring your own boxes/crates though.

Good idea Bjorn, but you live a little bit too far away to make it worth my while.
Looks like my other source has come thru anyway. ;)

I've got some you can have if you want to drive to Hill Top (near Mittagong), or Campbelltown during the day. You'll need to bring your own boxes/crates though.

Thanks MTC, but it looks like Im sorted.
Things happen very fast in the brewing brotherhood.

dont know 24s the last i put down for 28 spots in the rules on page 1

Ok, so what am I missing?
Is there something special about 28? Just seems like a bit of an odd number. Why not 26 or 30?

Just curious

Gregor

Ok, so what am I missing?
Is there something special about 28? Just seems like a bit of an odd number. Why not 26 or 30?

Just curious

Gregor
14 longies fit snuggly into a milk crate.....2 milk crates = 28 bottles

You also get to take home one of your own bottles

Anyone who is running short of bottles and lives in the Inner West region, feel free to fire me a PM, I have some spares lying about...

Really need to get around to brewing my beer for this one.

im in the same boat a gregor most of my bottle's are crown seal. does this mean that ill end up with a whole lot of twist tops
i can deal with some but not the lot

cheer's matho

Really now, I used all coopers bottles in my batch for the Xmas swap, I got a mixture of bottles in return, but you take the good with the bad.....

It's part and parcel of the draw, if you are really THAT attached to your coopers bottles that you aren't willing to give up 28 of them to sample brews from 27 other brewers and widening your palette then that is honestly your loss.......

My plan is to whore off all of my twist top bottles to you lot over a number of case swaps until I end up with a full set of crown seals, at which point I will stop participating in case swaps :lol:

i was just wondering if i could supply two or maybe three different styles of beer for the case swap or is that sort of thing frowned upon.

cheer's matho

Really now, I used all coopers bottles in my batch for the Xmas swap, I got a mixture of bottles in return, but you take the good with the bad.....

It's part and parcel of the draw, if you are really THAT attached to your coopers bottles that you aren't willing to give up 28 of them to sample brews from 27 other brewers and widening your palette then that is honestly your loss.......

Last (and first for me) swap in VIC that I went in, I gave all coopers longnecks and got a variety back of mainly PET and VB type twist tops.

You know what? Inside each bottle was beer - beer brewed by a different brewer that I got to taste. I've since built up my coopers bottle collection and then some. It's quite easy and not a big deal. They sell them with coopers in.

Let it go, get in the swap. If the last one I went in (again Vic so sorry for the mexican intrusion) is anything to go by it's worth much more than some glass.

manticle, I'm not sure if you are arguing with me, or agreeing with me.......

I stated that yes I lost a pile of good bottles, but noted the positive at the same time...............I'm a touch confused as to the purpose of your post.

Back