Nsw 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DROP OFF POINTS

Direct to flops
----------------
floppinab
Barramundi
Stuster
Steve
Crozdog
Redbearrrrd
Oblomov
Kabooby
Muggus
KillerRx4

SJW's for Newcastle - This drop point is now full, unless someone else can pick up anymore to transport.
---------------------- I will send u my address via PM.
SJW
goatherder
Tony
Peve
--------------

the 'Gong & south
Fatgodzilla to collect (PM if need a ride / collection)
Monkeybusiness

----------------------------
fgz

Is everyone still right for the swap ? I did a spare brew in case first was a dud but no problems. Anyone not gonna be able to deliver ?

Thanks for that fat. I will call you today to finalise the pickup/drop off details. (depending on the following.....)

I cracked one of my spares from the xmas brew last night to make sure that a) it didn't taste like absolute sh$t or 'b) wasn't gonna be bottle bombs due to the high finishing gravity. (been 2 weeks carbing up)

Now, the beer had stuff all head :angry: which I am hoping will pick up over time. Maybe backed off on the carbing a little too much (4.7g/L). Also, despite tasting nice from the first mouthful, it seemed a bit sweet. I've never drunk a beer so soon after bottling (normally in bottle at least 6 weeks before I go for it), so do you reckon this will dry out as the yeast slowly chews away at those residual fermentables? Or do I have a problem and should frantically bottle a back up brew? (have an ESB Bavarian wheat waiting to be bottled). Suggestions anybody?

Hope I'm not going off topic here.

Thanks.

-monkeybusiness

I wouldn't worry too much, monkeybusiness. As long as it tastes ok, and it's not going to explode, we can live with a thin head. It might well come good with some time. The sweetness may also change with time in the bottle as well.

I'm amazed that you wait so long to drink your beers. I often drink one after a week, always after two. Usually they're ready. Sometimes not. Depends on the style as much as anything, and the season as well. AG is quicker to mature than kits for one thing I guess. Stouts definitely take a while, so no need to panic yet I think. :)

Thanks for that fat. I will call you today to finalise the pickup/drop off details. (depending on the following.....)

I cracked one of my spares from the xmas brew last night to make sure that a) it didn't taste like absolute sh$t or 'b) wasn't gonna be bottle bombs due to the high finishing gravity. (been 2 weeks carbing up)

Now, the beer had stuff all head :angry: which I am hoping will pick up over time. Maybe backed off on the carbing a little too much (4.7g/L). Also, despite tasting nice from the first mouthful, it seemed a bit sweet. I've never drunk a beer so soon after bottling (normally in bottle at least 6 weeks before I go for it), so do you reckon this will dry out as the yeast slowly chews away at those residual fermentables? Or do I have a problem and should frantically bottle a back up brew? (have an ESB Bavarian wheat waiting to be bottled). Suggestions anybody?

Hope I'm not going off topic here.

Thanks.

-monkeybusiness

She'll be right, son. Most brews won't be drunk for few weeks yet, so time to bottle condition. Also, there'll be only one bottle per person so eay to drink all of one bottle and say " nope, too sweet" than have 30 of the buggesr and say "crickey, only 29 more to drink! That said, I like sweeter malty beers for a change (actually, I like all beers, except these with fruit in them!) Leave at Fairy Meadow as planned and I'll get them to the swap. Keep the wheat for your summer holiday !! Get back to me if any problems. Hopefullly we'll see you Sunday at the Nationals, if only to say G'day for a few minutes.

Thanks guys. I'll take the advice a see how she goes.

Still hoping to get up to the nationals for a poke so I'll have to make sure I don't get too troubled at the bucks the night before. Shouldn't be too much of a problem as I'll be drinking megaswill at sydney pub prices which will likely curb my intake.

Sorry for taking so long, but all is in readiness for the 1st. Bottled a nice looking blonde lager full of hallertau hops. Hasn't had much time to condition ,but should go down nicely in a few weeks time. Can't wait to try awhole range of different beers.

1. SJW - (1a-Bo Pils) (1b-Bav Lager) (1c-English Bitter) (1-d Duvel Clone)
2. Stuster - English Summer Ale, WLP005
3. Fatgodzilla - Ronald Reagan all American Ale .. Yanks do have something good to offer the world after all !
4. Barramundi - SWAPALE (US-05) (sorry guys due to time restraints its a kit beer)(bottled 6/11/07) tasted ok into the bottle)
5. Gulpa - APA, hopefully lawnmower style (US-05)
6. nifty - esb (WLP023)
7. KillerRx4 - Oatmeal stout
8. Peve - American Pale Ale - Golden - unless I have a last minute mind change
9. Steve (ACT) - Nelsons ******* Ale (Nottingham) - Bottled n ready!
10. Brewer - Blonde lager (WLP 830)Bottled 19/11/07
11. Punter- Summer Blonde
12. Kabooby- Belgian Dubbel (WLP550)
13. floppinab - English Bitter (Nottingham)
14. Josh
15. Oblomov - Belgian Dubbel
16.HomeBrewWorld.com- Unsure atm
17.Beerslayer- Unsure atm
18. goatherder - Czech Dark Lager
19. Keith
20. Trent - Brown Porter
21. Thommo - Cream Ale
22. Muggus - Armoured Hawk Ale (AAA)
23. monkeybusiness - something like a foreign extra stout
24. MVZoom - Koelsch perhaps?
25. Tony - Golden Fleece NZ IPA or "The Sheep Shagger" for short. tongue.gif
26. n00ch - Foreign Extra Stout
27. crozdog - The Johnny Nash "I Can See Clearly Now" Bright Ale
28. redbeard - nfi2

cheers,
Brewer

For the rest of the Newcastle/Hunter brewers needing a way to get your beers down for the swap can drop them off at Marks Home Brew and we will sort out a way to get them there.

DROP OFF POINTS

Direct to flops
----------------
floppinab
Barramundi
Stuster
Steve
Crozdog
Redbearrrrd
Oblomov
Kabooby
Muggus
KillerRx4

SJW's for Newcastle - This drop point is now full, unless someone else can pick up anymore to transport.
SJW
goatherder
Tony
Peve
-----------------------
fatgodzillas for the 'Gong

MHB
Trent
nooch

Cheers

How many more Newcastle cases need to go. I have someone who might be able to take them down earlier in the week but you would need to pick em up yourself. I don't know what Gavins thoughts on that plan would be.

Steve

I think there might be about 5 who need to get them down. Thanks for the offer but doesn't really make it any easier as people would need to go down to pick them up anyway.

I think if the rest can get them to Marks we will sort something out.

Cheers

How many more Newcastle cases need to go. I have someone who might be able to take them down earlier in the week but you would need to pick em up yourself. I don't know what Gavins thoughts on that plan would be.

Steve
Steve,

with respect, lets not add to the confusion.

Our most PITA scenario is that I drive down the Friday before the swap and drop the beers off and then pick them up the following week. Floppinab has generously signed off on this plan. As I have said to you, via pm, I am hoping to be able to loan the mighty Torago to someone else on swap day, this would then make everything sweet for all and sundry. As I mentioned in the pm, I will need to the other side of the weekend to sort this out.

Keith

Guys, I'm running late, but still in the game. Tonight the ferment of my Amarillo Ale will kick off, it'll be an 8 day ferment then bottle. Can someone confirm where the drop off point in Sydney is - I'm assuming it's still the 1st of Dec?

Cheers - Mike

Guys, I'm running late, but still in the game. Tonight the ferment of my Amarillo Ale will kick off, it'll be an 8 day ferment then bottle. Can someone confirm where the drop off point in Sydney is - I'm assuming it's still the 1st of Dec?

Cheers - Mike

Cutting it fine, old son, but we all know you are the man to do it. Go boy !!!!

still 1 December, somewhere in Earlwood (where the $%*@ is Earlwood ?)

DROP OFF POINTS

Direct to flops
----------------
floppinab
Barramundi
Stuster
Steve
Crozdog
Redbearrrrd
Oblomov
Kabooby
Muggus
KillerRx4
Josh

SJW
goatherder
Tony
Peve
-----------------------

MHB
Trent
nooch

G'day guys. I'm in! My wheat beer is currently fermenting and should be bottled well before the 1st. Looking forward to trying a few of these beers over summer.

Flop, can you PM me your drop off addy please.

3. Fatgodzilla - Ronald Reagan all American Ale .. Yanks do have something good to offer the world after all !
4. Barramundi - SWAPALE (US-05) (sorry guys due to time restraints its a kit beer)(bottled 6/11/07) tasted ok into the bottle)
5. Gulpa - APA, hopefully lawnmower style (US-05)
6. nifty - esb (WLP023)
14. Josh - Wheat Beer (S-06 wheat)
19. Keith
20. Trent - Brown Porter
21. Thommo - Cream Ale
28. redbeard - nfi2

Dropped my case of at MHB's yesterday.

DROP OFF POINTS

Direct to flops
----------------
floppinab
Barramundi
Stuster
Steve
Crozdog
Redbearrrrd
Oblomov
Kabooby
Muggus
KillerRx4
Josh

SJW
goatherder
Tony
Peve
-----------------------

MHB
Trent
nooch
Punter

Bottled my entry tonight. Sorry I didnt have time to remove existing labels as Ive been kind of busy. Changed my entry to pale ale as the american bit doesnt seem to show much :( .

Flops, can you please PM me your address. May need to drop in early if thats OK. Should know in a day or two.

Cheers
Andrew.

5. Gulpa - Pale Ale (Nottingham) - Bottled 25/11 - give it a few weeks
6. nifty - esb (WLP023)
19. Keith
20. Trent - Brown Porter
21. Thommo - Cream Ale
28. redbeard - nfi2

Cracked a test stubby of the Bitter over the weekend. A little overcarbed but nothing too extreme. The dark malts have fallen back a little compared to what came out of the fermenter with the hops cutting through a bit more. Pretty happy with it although as always should develop a bit more in the bottle.

I reckon I've PM'ed everyone who'll be coming on Sat. if you haven't got my details give me a hoy.

Should I brew something up for everyone to smell some lovelies in the kettle??? Any suggestions??

Sounds great Gavin. Is 11am the meeting time?

Also could those who have not filled in what they have brewed for the swap add their brews name to the list so we know what we a drinking please.

Steve

5. Gulpa - Pale Ale (Nottingham) - Bottled 25/11 - give it a few weeks
6. nifty - esb (WLP023)
9. Steve (ACT) - Nelsons ******* Ale (Nottingham) - Bottled 27/10/07
19. Keith
20. Trent - Brown Porter
21. Thommo - Cream Ale
28. redbeard - nfi2

Have fun at the swap chaps! Mine was bottled end of October so is right to drink anytime. I wish I had some left!
Cheers
Steve

Back