Nsw 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit Edit.....anyone tried PM'ing those that are still in the NFI category to see if they are still in?
I am still in Steve.

I simply have to decide what I am brewing, and then brew the beer. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will all work out fine. :eek:

Keith

I'm sure two crates of the hop harvest will do the trick, Keith. :icon_chickcheers:

Given I stuck my hand up earlier as the main swap point I better lock that in and start making it happen.

I think we were looking at Dec. 1st. I am in Earlwood, a couple of good screw punts west of the airport.

There are a couple of southerners in the list, but few (any??) northerners. Anybody putting their hands up for collection points.

1. SJW - (1a-Bo Pils) (1b-Bav Lager) (1c-English Bitter) (1-d Duvel Clone)
2. Stuster - English Summer Ale, WLP005
3. Fatgodzilla - Ronald Reagan all American Ale .. Yanks do have something good to offer the world after all !
4. Barramundi - SWAPALE (US-05) (sorry guys due to time restraints its a kit beer)(bottled 6/11/07) tasted ok into the bottle)
5. Gulpa - APA, hopefully lawnmower style (US-05)
6. nifty - esb (WLP023)
7. KillerRx4 - Oatmeal stout
8. Peve - American Pale Ale - Golden - unless I have a last minute mind change
9. Steve (ACT) - Nelsons ******* Ale (Nottingham) - Bottled n ready!
10. Brewer - Unsure as Yet
11. Punter- Summer Blonde
12. Kabooby- Belgian Dubbel (WLP550)
13. floppinab - English Bitter (Nottingham)
14. Josh
15. Oblomov - Belgian Dubbel
16.HomeBrewWorld.com- Unsure atm
17.Beerslayer- Unsure atm
18. goatherder - Czech Dark Lager
19. Keith
20. Trent - American Pale Ale
21. Thommo - Cream Ale
22. Muggus - Armoured Hawk Ale (AAA)
23. monkeybusiness - something like a foreign extra stout
24. MVZoom - Koelsch perhaps?
25. Tony - Golden Fleece NZ IPA or "The Sheep Shagger" for short. tongue.gif
26. n00ch - Foreign Extra Stout
27. crozdog - The Johnny Nash "I Can See Clearly Now" Bright Ale
28. redbeard - nfi2

I've done a cream Ale, may need some carbing up time (just like all my case swap entries because I'm a slacker). If I'm not happy with it I'm doing a double batch of an American Amber Ale this weekend, but at the moment you guys are getting the cream Ale.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Given I stuck my hand up earlier as the main swap point I better lock that in and start making it happen.

I think we were looking at Dec. 1st. I am in Earlwood, a couple of good screw punts west of the airport.

There are a couple of southerners in the list, but few (any??) northerners. Anybody putting their hands up for collection points.

you might have to explain to the New South Welshmen what a screw punt is Gav , even as a victorian i had to think twice about it , i suppose you could have said a checkside though and made a real puzzle of it ....

I'm sure two crates of the hop harvest will do the trick, Keith. :icon_chickcheers:

I am sure that he would have happily obliged, Stuster, but champagne style bottles have been ruled ineligible :eek: Curse those people and their rules ;) :lol:
Trent

Thanks Stuster for picking up my case on Saturday. Good to meet you. That Rye IPA and Ocktoberfest you brought didnt last long. Recipes? The IPA sure could some hair on yer chest. It was a ripper!
Cheers
Steve

Edit... my number 9's caps are numbered in red marker pen....so nifty who is at number 6 can you use a colour other than red so people dont get confused?

Glad you liked it, Steve. The IPA is basically Denny Conn's Rye IPA, just adapted a bit to what I had/could be bothered to get. For some reason I got much lower efficiency on this one than normal. But I thought I'd stick with the planned hop bill anyway. :rolleyes:

I was a bit worried about my case swap beer, but it seems to be tasting nice now. Phew. :p

DC's Rye IPA
American IPA

Type: All Grain
Date: 1/01/2008
Batch Size: 19.00 L
Brewer: Stuart Upton
Boil Size: 23.28 L Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 75 min Equipment: My Equipment
Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0 Brewhouse Efficiency: 63.00
Taste Notes:

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.50 kg Pale Malt, Traditional Ale (Joe White) (5.9 EBC) Grain 67.98 %
1.40 kg Rye Malt (9.3 EBC) Grain 21.15 %
0.52 kg Carawheat (Weyermann) (98.5 EBC) Grain 7.85 %
0.20 kg Wheat Malt, Malt Craft (Joe White) (3.5 EBC) Grain 3.02 %
32.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.50 %] (60 min) Hops 54.3 IBU
40.00 gm Mt. Hood [3.70 %] (60 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 10.4 IBU
18.00 gm Mt. Hood [3.70 %] (30 min) Hops 6.0 IBU
5.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.50 %] (30 min) Hops 6.5 IBU
30.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.50 %] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
35.00 gm Mt. Hood [3.70 %] (0 min) Hops -
1.00 gm Epsom Salt (MgSO4) (Boil 60.0 min) Misc
2.00 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Boil 60.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.066 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.016 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.015 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 6.66 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.65 %
Bitterness: 77.2 IBU Calories: 90 cal/l
Est Color: 23.3 EBC Color: Color

Thanks Stuster for picking up my case on Saturday. Good to meet you. That Rye IPA and Ocktoberfest you brought didnt last long. Recipes? The IPA sure could some hair on yer chest. It was a ripper!
Cheers
Steve

Edit... my number 9's caps are numbered in red marker pen....so nifty who is at number 6 can you use a colour other than red so people dont get confused?

Yeah mate, no probs..

Cheers
Steve

Or put a dot or a line at the bottom of your 6 :icon_cheers:

I'm still in. Putting a brew down tonight which will be either a wetpak or a 3kg jobbie from TCB which were prizes from the Bathurst comp. Moved out of home recently so I don't have an all grain brewery set up yet. Hoping I'm not too far away from that, but just no time to organise it and brew before the swap. So an extract beer it is. Will post the details once I've put it down.

Good to hear Josh.

Haven't seen anything from Brewer, Keith, Thommo. Whats the story guys???

I'm sticking it to the man today so I've stayed home and bottle my Swap brew. Just squeezed the 28 bottles out with very little room to spare. Hasn't come out too bad. Probably needed to up the IBU's a bit more and back off the Choc malt with a bit more caramel. Be interesting to see what yas think.

With approx 2 weeks till swap day, when do we sort out logistics for......SWAP DAY?
Will we have 28 cars converging on one address on the day or is there going to be a plan. I would be guessing if blokes are making the trip they would only want to make it once. i.e. to drop off their case and do the swap in the one trip. This could be a rather large get together. As long as there is no COLD beer around we should make it out alive I'm guessing.

Steve

With approx 2 weeks till swap day, when do we sort out logistics for......SWAP DAY?
Will we have 28 cars converging on one address on the day or is there going to be a plan. I would be guessing if blokes are making the trip they would only want to make it once. i.e. to drop off their case and do the swap in the one trip. This could be a rather large get together. As long as there is no COLD beer around we should make it out alive I'm guessing.

Steve

Yes, a time to converge at beautiful downtown Earlwood would be appreciated. If someone gives me the time to be at the place to be at, I can then ask the most important question, like where the %*@! is Earlwood ? I'm coming through Wollongong, to save taking excess cars, anyone in the swap from Wollongong wanna me to collect them and take then to Earlwood ? Is there anyone in the swap from Wollongong ????

Yes, a time to converge at beautiful downtown Earlwood would be appreciated. If someone gives me the time to be at the place to be at, I can then ask the most important question, like where the %*@! is Earlwood ? I'm coming through Wollongong, to save taking excess cars, anyone in the swap from Wollongong wanna me to collect them and take then to Earlwood ? Is there anyone in the swap from Wollongong ????

Nice point.
Same here with repects to Newcastle swappers or North there of.
Maybe we could post a table of whos coming from where and get everyone ticked off so no-one misses out.

Steve

Good to hear Josh.

Haven't seen anything from Brewer, Keith, Thommo. Whats the story guys???

I'm sticking it to the man today so I've stayed home and bottle my Swap brew. Just squeezed the 28 bottles out with very little room to spare. Hasn't come out too bad. Probably needed to up the IBU's a bit more and back off the Choc malt with a bit more caramel. Be interesting to see what yas think.

Flop,

I Replied 5 days ago, 9th November. Doing a Cream Ale, but it may not turn out how I envisaged. Should hopefully still taste like beer though.

It may even be carbed in time when the swap happens (although it will probably still be best to leave it for a week.)

Cheers,
Thommo.

My apologies Thommo, and looking back through the thread a little I see Keith has posted in as well, so I'll shut up on the Swap list now :mellow:

OK, looks like Steve and Ian are sticking their hands up for Northerners and Southerners, that's great guys. Looking back at the July Swap they did something like the following

DROP OFF POINTS

Direct to flops
----------------
floppinab
Barramundi

SJW's for Newcastle
----------------------
SJW

fatgodzillas for the 'Gong
----------------------------
fgz

Last time someone was volunteering for the greater west so might be good if someone could stick their hand up there (Josh????)

I'll be hosting the main Swap day on Dec. 1st for those that can make it on that day. To make sure we keep things social I'll be firing up the barby so bring along something you can throw on it and I'll rustle up some salads and accoutrements. Let's aim to kick off @ 11am. I'll PM around my address to those that need it. I might even get a brew going to keep us occupied.
If anyone is stuck with transport give me a hoy I may be able to help. Looking forward to it.

Gav.

Looking forward to it. :D

DROP OFF POINTS

Direct to flops
----------------
floppinab
Barramundi
Stuster
Steve

SJW's for Newcastle
----------------------
SJW

fatgodzillas for the 'Gong
----------------------------
fgz

Anyone going from the Northern suburbs/Hills. Im not sure if I can make it on the day (new baby coming) and need an alternative drop-off just in case I cant make it. Otherwise, I may to drop them in early floppinab.

Thanks,
Andrew.

I'm in the same boat as Gulpa. (Apart from the bit about the new baby on the way.) I can't make it on the 1st December, so may have to drop mine off early unless someone can transport my case there and back.

I'm in Baulkham Hills Gulpa, between the two of us I'm sure we can work something out.

Thommo.

Latest posts

Back