Non Drinker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a balance kinda person. I'll have 6+ beers on the weekend days and just do what ever during the week. Didn't have anything last night just cos.

Depends what I feel like.

I'll most likely reduce the amount consumed over the week. I generally don't drink from Mon-Thurs and will try and stick with that.

I know what you mean, but the last lemonade I did only had 750g of lactose and 300g of dex (bulk prime). It's certainly tart, but it goes down okay on a summers day.

Sounds interesting. Can you post the recipe?

Hmmm, it didn't actually go really well when I was making (it started quite weak so I had to strengthen it up on the fly). But the recipe that I'll use next time will be:

1kg of Lactose
300g of Dextrose
75gm of grated ginger
24 Lemons
- 12 diced and boiled for 20 minutes with the lactose (pith and all)
- 12 juiced and "zested" then boiled quickly with the dex and ginger (just to sanitise)
A bit of yeast nutrient
Pack of coopers yeast floating around the place.

Strained through a pasta strainer (lots of chucks made it through) into the fermenter and filled up to 23 litres and then left for a couple hours for the yeast to get going then straight into the bottles. (Any longer and you wont have enough sugar to prime the bottles).

It's not going to taste anything like supermarket softdrink lemonade. It's a lot more like soda water with a lot of lemon juice.

My non scientific understanding is that an equivalent amount of supermarket softdrink will have about 3 kgs of sugar in it and Lactose has about half the calories of glucose. So potentially completely wrong (I'm sure I'll be corrected) the home made stuff has about 1/6 the sugar of the supermarket stuff.

I will be having 2 weeks off the Booze every 2 weeks as part of my new Job and being on a "Dry Camp" :(

CB ... thinking of you in the dry camp as I have a couple this arvo ... still on hols for a week! If you want to go AWOL you know where we are :chug:

ghhb :)

CB ... thinking of you in the dry camp as I have a couple this arvo ... still on hols for a week! If you want to go AWOL you know where we are :chug:

ghhb :)

Mate, im having a few this arvo aswell, I finish up at my old Job tomoz and will be having the rest of the week off and more beers then.... :party:

Prob have Sat/Sun off the Beers before my Medical on Monday...

I will hunt your place out once Im finished my 2 week dry spell.... :beerbang:

CB

Any of you guys that have a month or more off the grog i say "Well bloody done!" I dont know how you do it!? Im gonna try and cut down my drinking this year from nearly everyday to, two or three times a week! Hopeing to loose to weight also! Im only about 5'8 but im 74kg and have man boobs and a beer belly! lol I want to get back to about 67kg like i was about four years ago. Im hopeing the cut back on the beer will do it! I dont like excersising! LOL!

Any of you guys that have a month or more off the grog i say "Well bloody done!" I dont know how you do it!? Im gonna try and cut down my drinking this year from nearly everyday to, two or three times a week! Hopeing to loose to weight also! Im only about 5'8 but im 74kg and have man boobs and a beer belly! lol I want to get back to about 67kg like i was about four years ago. Im hopeing the cut back on the beer will do it! I dont like excersising! LOL!

John

I'm 5'9 and 115kg last time I jumped on the scales. I blame it on the big shoulders.

Moderation boys and girls. You get fat by putting more into your guts than what you burn off. Either cut down on food and/or booze, or get out and do a bit of exercise. Balance is the key.

Jesus. Just discovered I've put on 4kg over Xmas (which included 3 $100+ trips to Slowbeer/Purvis). Have to make sure I have no beers on a school night for a bit, me thinks.

I'm 6'1", 90kgs, drink most nights and still have a six pack. Cant seem to put on any fat, its probably all the threesomes i have with lingerie models.

Hang on thats not me.......think i need to stop drinking and go on a detox, starting to hallucinate

I am doing Feb this year, my rule will be that any keg that hasn't had a tap attached yet can not be touched till March. So I'll be allowed to drink the kegs that are part full, this should allow me to have all 4 kegs (damn you rego being due over xmas, I could have bought more cheaply:p) actually full and allowed to condition for once.

Also I need to start watching my weight, I've gone from being 85kg and able to eat what ever I want and never gain weight to suddenly cracking 100, in the last 12 months........ :unsure:

15 kgs + in 2 years here. You blokes are inspiring me though. Been promising the War Office 3 nights no beer a week for years now..... :huh:

Latest posts

Back