No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was actually a 40 minute interview. Naturally they cut what works best......

Was actually a 40 minute interview. Naturally they cut what works best......
and not a AHB plug from you anywhere to be seen :( :lol:

I love it when bastards finally get it.

as a younger bloke I was accused of stealing stock in a bottlo by the hotel manager and the bottlo manager (even though id been a loyal employee for this company for years). I kept pointing out that if I was flogging stock, Id be fiddling with the stocktakle so it didnt show up (9/10 i did the stocktake). They didnt have any evidence and wouldnt listen to me, but couldnt fire me as they had bubkiss. I left shortly afterwards and told them to go shove it in a variety of colourful ways.

anyways about 6 months later I was talking to a mate who worked in the corporate side of things for that company and I asked about this hotel/bottlo. he told me that they had caught the bottlo manger red handed flogging stock and fiddling the stocktake reports (apparently fiddling pretty poorly as he got caught). it had been going on years. Cops were involved etc. I sent a nice letter to the hotel manager telling him how much of a cock he was and hoped he continued to have luck with his 'masterful knowledge' of who are really the dodgy staff and that it continued into the future.

edit: i think I remember hearing that the hotel manager eventually got the sack for being a shocking hotel manager. that made me warm and fuzzy also

Cathy Freeman is the most OVERRATED athlete in the history of Australian sport...

Why do they put prices on items such as $7.98?

It is going to cost us $8.00, so why not put that as the advertised price?

I think it is a psychological scam. I think subliminally we are seeing the 7 in the price and this affects our purchasing preferences.
I reckon if you had two identical products on the shelf with one at $7.98 and one at $8.02, you would sell a lot more of the 'cheaper' version even though they actually cost the consumer the same amount.

It is going to cost us $8.00, so why not put that as the advertised price?

I think it is a psychological scam. I think subliminally we are seeing the 7 in the price and this affects our purchasing preferences.
I reckon if you had two identical products on the shelf with one at $7.98 and one at $8.02, you would sell a lot more of the 'cheaper' version even though they actually cost the consumer the same amount.

Got it in one.

There are some other psychological barriers they work on too. Ever noticed how many products cost just under the common note sizes - $9.99... $19.99... $49.99. That way you can hand over a note and feel that its cheaper because you get some change. Or you used to before they dropped the 1c piece. You do see quite a bit at 9:95 now. Same reason. Minimum change from a $10.

Makes it seem so much cheaper than $10 or worse still $10.01.. that way you have to hand over two pieces of currency to buy it.

Cheers
Dave

It is going to cost us $8.00
Only if you're buying one item. Otherwise only the total is rounded up. Even then, only if you're paying cash.

Myself, I rarely do either.

I think Kmart are onto a winner.....The bulk of their items are in dollar units. If you imagine how much less change they are required to stock as part of this, nationwide they are probably saving a few hundred thousand in coin delivery fees....

I used to do the same when I was running a pub, everything was in units of 50c, which meant I had no need for coins below that in the float.

Leave is approved, now to plan my US West Coast 2 week brewery trip. (With one flight to Chicago and Delaware)
**** I love my new job.

Love him or hate him, or just meh about him, Rudd kinda gave a big **** you today from the bits I saw. Me I don't care much for politics so it was just fun

Just freeing himself up to be more of a hostile, nasty prick probably.

My life will probably still be the same regardless of what they all do.

Enter Stealth Rudd...............

I sense by the next election we will be choosing between Rudd and Abbott...

The regression to the mean of Australian politics is why all the interesting contemporary political philosophers are largely talking about other countries (aside some of our more monumental human rights **** ups that plenty of people will champion as our highlights so I'll let that go in this particular space).

Looking for a movie to switch off the brain and enjoy? Try Bronson. This is my second time watching it after becoming despondent by the fact that all these channels still provide nothing to watch and that I am too lazy (and drunk) tonight to bother working anymore on my honours thesis.

The tale of a run of the mill 1970's English sociopath who decides that the only way to make a name for himself is to become England's most violent criminal. But not made in a completely mainstream, sensational, obvious way.

Enter Stealth Rudd...............

I sense by the next election we will be choosing between Rudd and Abbott...

i dont think abbott will be leader by the next election as he is even less popular than gillard, and given that pollies are rated lower than snake oil salesmen on trustworthyness, gawd help us.

I am not enrolled to vote.

So, basically, I blame you c\/nts for this current problem in the government...

..that means **** all to me.

Carry on.

I am not enrolled to vote.

So, basically, I blame you c\/nts for this current problem in the government...

..that means **** all to me.

Carry on.
Since when have you been able to post on the internet from prison?

Latest posts

Back