No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what's awesome? When you drink the last stubby of an awesome APA, then later discovering at least 6 more longnecks of it stashed randomly amongst other bottles.
It was a great summer day for APA, Saison & Belgian Blondes yesterday, and our guests brought over a sixpack of JS Lashes.
This is always great!
Was fortunate to find not just 6 longies, rather a WHOLE CASE of great IPA hiding away in the back of the cellar a few years back. Must've cunningly stashed it away for that reason! ;)

Rode to Orange with a mate last weekend via Hill End and Mullion Creek.
Stayed in town and ate and drank at the hotel Canobolas.
Coopers pale, Little Creatures and Kilkenny on tap, plus you can get a self cooked steak the size of your head plus couple of jacket spuds and salad bar for 24 bucks.

Highly recommended.

Dave, I'll have to try those steaks, I had their lunch special the other day and was most shocked/pleased to see LC on tap......

Side note, it's raining again.

Dave, I'll have to try those steaks, I had their lunch special the other day and was most shocked/pleased to see LC on tap......

Side note, it's raining again.

I think we had the cattleman's cutlet. About 2" thick of grass fed deliciousness.

Quite the bustling metropolis is Orange compared to the last time I was there about fifteen years ago.

Although you would have noticed that nigh on EVERYTHING aside from major supermarkets shuts down on a Sunday arvo.

Rode to Orange with a mate last weekend via Hill End and Mullion Creek.
Stayed in town and ate and drank at the hotel Canobolas.
Coopers pale, Little Creatures and Kilkenny on tap, plus you can get a self cooked steak the size of your head plus couple of jacket spuds and salad bar for 24 bucks.

Highly recommended.

I do love a country pub self cooked steak. Had a sirloin once in Mudgee that was as thick as it was wide.

Cheers
Dave

Ahhhhh, watching your old workplace being dragged through the mud by one of the most respected managers that ever worked there, in the press, in an open interview............Just an amazing feeling.

Moderation on this forum needs more moderation currently. At least it needs to be more moderate.

Sure make things stay on topic but willy nilly deleting anything and everything that isn't, strictly is getting pretty ******* annoying.

I've never really noticed the moderation on this forum being overbearing up until this point.

At the very least, if you are going to delete a post, delete the other references to said post so some semblance of logic and sense can be made.

8 minutes to delete my last post, cause I mentioned "deleting posts".

Can they, in good conscience, delete from this post? It IS in the "No Topic Thread" so doesn't need to have anything to do about beer.

8 minutes to delete my last post, cause I mentioned "deleting posts".

Can they, in good conscience, delete from this post? It IS in the "No Topic Thread" so doesn't need to have anything to do about beer.

Can't see why.

And your right on the 8 minutes. I will aim to improve :D .

Sure make things stay on topic but willy nilly deleting anything and everything that isn't, strictly is getting pretty ******* annoying.

I've never really noticed the moderation on this forum being overbearing up until this point.
Dane mentioned that moderation would increase (implying both frequency and stridency) shortly before the new modships were dollied out. He also said more mods would be coming. Don't expect it to lessen any.

Reading between the lines, I'm expecting a real crackdown on "frivolous" posts once the bullshit "like" system comes in with the new software.

It is a real shame that few of the other Australian homebrew boards actually talk about beer because this place is about to turn to shit. Just wait for the steady stream of half-interested n00bs and spammers once the Facebook integration is active. Good advice is already needle in a haystack here at the moment.

I was kind of hoping Dane was referring to the spambots and unnecessary shitfighting rather than people making the odd joke.

I've lived my life so far successfully without ever needing a 'like ' button.

Vroom vroom, wriiiiirp iiiiirrrrrrxccc

Internet burn outs are fun

Back