No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may also find this amusing.

:lol:

I love the smooth jazz Enter sandman also. Almost as much as I love Behemoth's Radio Disney version of Demigod.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sleeve is getting done soon, can't wait for the pain

No no no

347zmab.jpg

:ph34r:

I hold Kings Of Leon partly responsible for this sub-culture.

Kings.Of.Leon-band-2004.jpg

Well, you shouldn't. There is absolutely no correlation between having Kings of Leon in your music collection and being a hipster.

Well, you shouldn't. There is absolutely no correlation between having Kings of Leon in your music collection and being a hipster.

Maby not - but you're on the spectrum.
Just take a look at Nathan Followill will ya. Simply a more cutesie pie version of J Mascis.

Maby not - but you're on the spectrum.
Absolutely not. Corporate rock and hipsters are like one item and another item that is really disparate in nature.

Absolutely not. Corporate rock and hipsters are like one item and another item that is really disparate in nature.

When did they go corporate? They don't really fit the mould. Guess that's what winning a Brit award will do to public perception.

..do you wear a beard?...

Partway through their second album, or definitely by their third.

I tend to favor the corporate rock definition as commercially successful, critically shit canned. Like VB..
Kings of Leon are a good band, always have been. Clearly they're musicians first rather than unit shifters or business men.
They produce a good product and they've every right to get paid handsomely and bang groupies until their dicks are tender and inflamed, without the accusation of being corporate leveled at them.

They produce a good product and they've every right to get paid handsomely and bang groupies until their dicks are tender and inflamed, without the accusation of being corporate leveled at them.
So if I grow a hipster beard and form a band, this will happen yeah?

I don't know the kings of leon, and frankly don't intend to change that situation, but I'm struggling to find the link between them and sleeve tattoos precisely (admittedly this thread is the free association of a mass consciousness).

Also, in Ballarat, although moreso in other regional centres that I frequent, tattoos, tattooists and the majority of the culture is still very much biker affiliated (for better or worse).

As an aside, I don't begrudge any muso to play the music they want, as long as they authentically* feel/mean the music they play.

*A huge word, I guess I mean it in an existential sense...art/music (I don't consider them synonymous) as expression of self is one thing (regardless of who wrote it...the MSO don't have a long list of original compositions!), art/music with the intention of becoming famous and revered for superficial (in the non value-laden sense of them term) reasons doesn't count - that is still a valid past time, but I think although the physical actions may be the same, the intent and thus meaning behind the actions is drastically altered.

6-10 more beers I'll be a really dull c*nt to talk to.

So if I grow a hipster beard and form a band, this will happen yeah?

Oh yeah. Until Jagger got his act together, it was all fat necked mooters from the grubby streets of Kent.

Post beard - nubile supermodels from the catwalks of Europe.

EgKsJ1W6fpvh2k8i8GurpfLpo1_400.jpg

Oh yeah. Until Jagger got his act together, it was all fat necked mooters from the grubby streets of Kent.

Post beard - nubile supermodels from the catwalks of Europe.
Wouldn't it be easier and/or quicker to use your tatooed sleeve to shake a can of catfood at the catwalk?

The ignition barrel on my Commo shat itself today, wasn't fun trying to fix it in this heat, even then, it was only temporary

I don't know the kings of leon, and frankly don't intend to change that situation, but I'm struggling to find the link between them and sleeve tattoos precisely (admittedly this thread is the free association of a mass consciousness).

Also, in Ballarat, although moreso in other regional centres that I frequent, tattoos, tattooists and the majority of the culture is still very much biker affiliated (for better or worse).

As an aside, I don't begrudge any muso to play the music they want, as long as they authentically* feel/mean the music they play.

*A huge word, I guess I mean it in an existential sense...art/music (I don't consider them synonymous) as expression of self is one thing (regardless of who wrote it...the MSO don't have a long list of original compositions!), art/music with the intention of becoming famous and revered for superficial (in the non value-laden sense of them term) reasons doesn't count - that is still a valid past time, but I think although the physical actions may be the same, the intent and thus meaning behind the actions is drastically altered.

6-10 more beers I'll be a really dull c*nt to talk to.

Hipster is one sleeve (usually left) completed in one session at the age of 23 (probably with an anaesthetic), skinny, glasses and a bit of stubble, single speed bike, self consciously ironic and arrogant about everything. May be seen at art openings and working behind bars in the CBD.

I don't think you have them in the country yet and for that, you may thank whoever and whatever you choose.

Tattoos have been around a lot longer than sailors, bikers and hipsters. Although some of the ancient cultures probably had their own versions of hipsters

Back