No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long Service Leave just came through.
An extra 13.5 weeks.
WOOOOOO! :icon_chickcheers:

Long Service Leave just came through.
An extra 13.5 weeks.
WOOOOOO! :icon_chickcheers:
Mine evaporated way to quick. Been back at work full time for 2 weeks now. Still, 3 months off after doing a year of 2-3 days a week aint so bad.

I have 16 hours of work left until I become unemployed for the first time in 10 years........To say I am excited about midday Friday would be an understatement....

I have 16 hours of work left until I become unemployed for the first time in 10 years........To say I am excited about midday Friday would be an understatement....
Had my big unemployment celebration (after a good 10 years of being in the one job) at the Brewhouse in brisbane......Got asked by barman what the special occasion was at one point and I replied "I'm unemployed". Gave me a strange look as I walked away with about $50 worth of LC Big Dippers.

I hope you do better than I did out of work though....had about 3 cans of xxxx gold, I would have thought my drinking tastes had sunk in after that time.

Sent in my order for the gopro hd hero2 camera today. Might get here in time for my trip to kiwi land :)
300 bux landed from the US. Compared to 400 in the shops, for the old version, is looking lie a better deal already.

Bought some matilda bay bohemian pilsner & Konig Pilsner last week for a party. Didn't realise till I got home that I had 2 pilsners rather than get 2 styles. Oh well.
While both are nice, I think I prefer the Konig over the Matilda Bay.... cheaper too.
Gotta love cheap imported german megaswill.

Not suprisingly, noone touched the Coopers Light.

Bought a new driver from the states that arrived yesterday... had booked in a round of golf for tomorrow. So naturally it's now pissing down and doesn't look likely i'll be going for a hit. Feckin weather <_<

Hit up the range, you'd only get to hit the driver full power 15 or so times playing a round. Not enough time to get used to it.

what driver did you get? looking for one myself.

Hit up the range, you'd only get to hit the driver full power 15 or so times playing a round. Not enough time to get used to it.

Yeah probably will... considering i can see the flood lights to the driving range from my backyard and i's about a 200m walk i probably should

what driver did you get? looking for one myself.

Ended up getting a Taylormade R9 Supertri 9.5 Stiff Flex. Was in between the R11 and the R9, but decided the extra $100 wasn't worth it. Ended up paying $250. I've had a Nike 400cc driver for near on 10 years, so it was time to get a new one. All my clubs are TaylorMade now. Driver, R7 3 Wood, 3 RAC rescue, 4 RAC rescue, 5 - P RAC, 56 RAC Black TP wedge and a TM Rossa Daytona TP Putter.

Got it from 3balls golf online. Cheaper than anything in Aus.

A thought-provoking article by Sophie Monk.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celeb...i-1226251012474

What thoughts, I'm really not sure. Although I think I've killed more brain cells reading this than an AHB pub crawl.
and now my brain cells have died because u posted that and I read it. my brain is now been reduced to :icon_drool2:

BEWARE - no one else get sucked in and read it. you'll regret it. (now watch the moths to the flame)

Why oh why is it that my kegs blow everytime I WANT just a single bloody pint, yet when i'm trying to drain an old one to replace it with a nice new brew and think "Ah there's bugger all in there", I wind up getting 8 pints out of the damned thing!?

Why oh why is it that my kegs blow everytime I WANT just a single bloody pint, yet when i'm trying to drain an old one to replace it with a nice new brew and think "Ah there's bugger all in there", I wind up getting 8 pints out of the damned thing!?
same reason as the keg finally pours brilliantly clear it means that there's like 1 pint left, its the brewing gods keeping themselves amused, damn them!

same reason as the keg finally pours brilliantly clear it means that there's like 1 pint left, its the brewing gods keeping themselves amused, damn them!
always, always happens to me and i never realise it... I pour that last glass, look at it and am very pleased with myself. Then go back for another and it blows. Got me again you feckers!

Shite!!... just realised i left the reg on at 250kpa since Sunday night on a newly filled keg. Was meant to turn it off last night for what would normally be perfect carb, but forgot. By the time i get home it'll have been on for close to 48hrs. :(

Just tasted an all-LDME wy13711 starter that's been on the stir plate for 36 hours - almost doesn't need any hops haha YUM

Back