No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First reason to have 3 hands:

To re-wined an edge trimmer [Whipper Snipper]..

Who designs this shit.

over.
+1

First against the wall when the revolution comes: whipper snipper designers... shits of things.

Yay I win and fot holgate thread closed
That's a shame because I would have liked the opportunity to do two things.

Thing one: point out to Father Jack the numerous ways in which his post was out of touch with both the modern world and reality.

Thing two: point out to Father Jack how hilarious his typo-related typo was (both in the context of its own use and in light of the remainder of the post).

+1

First against the wall when the revolution comes: whipper snipper designers... shits of things.
My issue is with the line spool on the head.
Spoke with a railways worker once about the subject; he reckons they had great success with using piano wire in the spool. Never been game to try it myself and not sure exactly which piano wire would be suitable - if they are anything like guitar strings, would you want a single wire strand or one that has a helical outer?

A trick I have tried is to give the line spool inside the head a squirt with WD40 before closing it up. Stops the line heat bonding/sticking to itself and lets it actually come out when you tap the head, supposedly. I have not made a firm conclusion as to its effectiveness. Dammed line still seems to go brittle over time and snap off, maybe the paino wire isn't such a silly idea; I'd wear long pants whilst whipper snipping though...

I never liked the bump heads. Get a fixed head that you can fit some 3mm of that star shaped cord in.

Sure you have to turn it off to change the cord every so often but it is easy to thread and you only have to deal with ~40cm lengths rather than a 10m tangle.

F-ing whipper snippers.
The good thing about those cheap Bunnings jobs, is you don't feel too guilty when you lob it across the yard in frustration.

I never liked the bump heads. Get a fixed head that you can fit some 3mm of that star shaped cord in.

Sure you have to turn it off to change the cord every so often but it is easy to thread and you only have to deal with ~40cm lengths rather than a 10m tangle.
I got a cheap one from Bunnings that takes single lengths of cord. They're fairly easy to replace when they break off, and when the ones that came with it run out, I will be trying some hook up wire instead. It's still annoying to replace the cord, but miles in front of those stupid bump head ones that never feed properly and break off inside the head so you have to re-wind them constantly.

my bump head has never worked properly. which means everytime i need more cord i have to turn it off and unscrew the thing and unravel more cord. so thats a few times every time. i hate it also.

my bump head has never worked properly. which means everytime i need more cord i have to turn it off and unscrew the thing and unravel more cord. so thats a few times every time. i hate it also.
Are you winding it the right way? Honestly it's a f-ing pain the arse, and I'm not saying I know how...
last time I bought cord I got a size too big. It was a struggle getting it wound properly, so lucky for me it still bumped properly in the end.

What thoughts, I'm really not sure. Although I think I've killed more brain cells reading this than an AHB pub crawl.

I think we'll invite Sofie to the next AHB pub crawl and have a side by side comparison test on what kills more brain cells, the beer or looking at the bird in the bikini!

AHB pub crawl ... only about 120 sleeps to go. Give or take about 30 !

I'm delighted to see another season of The Biggest Looser is upon us.
There seems to be even more blubbering and dummy spitting than usual.

Kind or reminds me of that Stephen King book Running Man where enemy's of the state were hunted down and killed or received a cash prize if they survived for thirty days.
All for entertainment purposes.

Hopefully, that's the reality TV of the future. But for now I'll settle for watching a bunch of chubbies on the brink of type 2 diabetes get worked over like rented mules by the lovely dominatrix, Michelle.

Watching the morbidly obese being forced to huff and puff their way up a coronary inducing sand dune whilst being screamed at by trainers indifferent to their perpetual whining.

That's good viewing.
..apparently..

I'm delighted to see another season of The Biggest Looser is upon us.
There seems to be even more blubbering and dummy spitting than usual.

Kind or reminds me of that Stephen King book Running Man where enemy's of the state were hunted down and killed or received a cash prize if they survived for thirty days.
All for entertainment purposes.

Hopefully, that's the reality TV of the future. But for now I'll settle for watching a bunch of chubbies on the brink of type 2 diabetes get worked over like rented mules by the lovely dominatrix, Michelle.

Watching the morbidly obese being forced to huff and puff their way up a coronary inducing sand dune whilst being screamed at by trainers indifferent to their perpetual whining.

That's good viewing.
..apparently..

Caught a snippet as the Mrs was watching it last night. During some training session, they wer yelling at each other

"you were bullied at school for being overweight?"
"YES"
"what names did they call you?"
"FATTY BOOMBA!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't help myself... just about spat up my beer and BLT!!
Needless to say i got some dirty looks from the other side of the couch.

mmmmm, Michelle.... :icon_drool2:

Should I feel more embarrassed that I took my little girl fishing for the first time this morning and I caught nothing, or the fact that she caught 4 whiting?!!! :lol:

mmmmm, Michelle.... :icon_drool2:

Have you seen the giant billboards?

837985-michelle-bridges.gif

I don't mind. leave your cross trainers on..

Have you seen the giant billboards?

837985-michelle-bridges.gif

I don't mind. leave your cross trainers on..

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck,must be a duck... looks like a bloke, talks like a bloke, must be a bloke... You fellas are gay. Probably nothing wrong with that but just trying to help with your obvious confusion. :ph34r:

Should I feel more embarrassed that I took my little girl fishing for the first time this morning and I caught nothing, or the fact that she caught 4 whiting?!!! :lol:

good size?

we are having KGW for dinner tonight. :)

when you down this way?? i hope to have some marron in the fridge. Seen matt yet and got your bottle of my homebrew yet?

Back