No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
darren's been up to old tricks.... ie hateful spitful posts. why cant we **** him off again? at least mods deleted his spite, but they also closed a thread. oh well. your a spitful **** darren. troll elsewhere.

on happier news my plum bragot with wyeast old ale is kicking alone nicely.

Babies are the ******* worst.

Better than the best, I guess...

good size?

we are having KGW for dinner tonight. :)

when you down this way?? i hope to have some marron in the fridge. Seen matt yet and got your bottle of my homebrew yet?

I won't be down your way for ages, mate.
Na, they were little ones, but perfect for the pan. Matt drank your bottle intended for me and my bottle intended for you!! :lol: He didn't hear us tell him who they were for, the funny fucker! Or so he says... <_<

haha. *******. don't worry i'll save a bottle....

hmm if pan size there are perfect snapper/mulloway baits.

Oh yeah dont forget to stir cocko up. its 1 all between us atm

Fkn berlinner kegs been leaking..chesty has a sea of funk in it. Fkn fastastic.

Been forced to listen to a few bits of JJJ today. I wish it was 1996 too, the wombats. Then you wouldn't be a band.

Why the bloody hell is this forum so boring at 3am?

Honestly i think half of the members on this forum need to do shift work <_<

Sorry to get off the 'non' topic, but I have a quick question as a brewing novice. I didn't want to start a whole new forum as I'm sure the answer is a quick and simple one, but I can't find it online. If you are adding bittering to your brew i.e boiling hops do you only add the water to the wort or do you put in the hops debris as well. Have noticed from adding everything in that my beer is more cloudy and the flovours less distinct.

TJM

Sorry to get off the 'non' topic, but I have a quick question as a brewing novice. I didn't want to start a whole new forum as I'm sure the answer is a quick and simple one, but I can't find it online. If you are adding bittering to your brew i.e boiling hops do you only add the water to the wort or do you put in the hops debris as well. Have noticed from adding everything in that my beer is more cloudy and the flovours less distinct.

TJM

It's not a problem if some debris finds it way into the fermenter. Although, strain out as much of the hop debris as you can.

If you are adding bittering to your brew i.e boiling hops do you only add the water
You shouldn't be boiling in water only. 1040 wort is said to be best. You can use some of the wort from your fermenter when it is all mixed up or just add some LDME to water - 100g per litre should get you to 1040 (from memory, be sure to check it yourself).

Thanks for the quick answer. Like a dummy I've been pouring in all of the debris. It didn't feel right. Made my brew very heavy. I'll also take your advice and add some LDM to the water before boiling the hops. From now on I'll let it cool and strain it through cloth. Boiled Galaxy with my last brew and it had a very grassy flavour. I think I prefer Cascade and am experimenting with what type to dry hopping goes well with the Cascade bittering. Gave Fuggles a try this week and interested to see how it comes out. Cheers guys. I'll let you get back to your thread now.

At the risk of referencing a closed thread (the 16th of today) and being banished I'd like to support the motion that meat pie and salad (rabbit food) is wrong. Rabbit and vegetable pie however is boss.

Finally! Someone talking sense on this board!

What, oh what, am I going to do with the rest of the popcorn now...

Don't worry, Pennywise. I doubt it'll get the chance to go cold...

The issue with deleting threads like the one that just disappeared is you'll disenfranchise people who were not really offended by the the previous moderation.
This forum's dying a slow death.

Latest posts

Back