No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say bring back the AHBers that replied with "google it".

For procreation's sake! Ppl are asking if dextrose ferments less than sucrose and people write essays explaining that!

Just wow

When some kid asks you how much alcohol is safe to consume, you tell them zero. Until they are old enough to understand.

I wonder what makes people spoon feed information that some posters really should be able to figure out. If they can't, I really question how responsible they are. This isn't the origami forum now is it?

Dude, papercuts aren't to be trifled with. Origami is serious biz.

Missus is keen for a new fridge this year... looks like the brewhouse is gonna get an upgrade! WOOOO!
Sadly while I CAN put the existing brewfridge out back for kegs, it will get the constant nagging comments how it's ugly, takes up space... yada yada yada.

seems i missed all the fun... Legal Action? Its a message board on the internet FFS...

seems i missed all the fun... Legal Action? Its a message board on the internet FFS...
Coming from someone who gladly sits on the sidelines and couldn't give a rats arse about the finer points of brewing politics and bitch fights, I reckon Dane deserves a beer for not chucking the shits and canning this whole site.... yet.

I'm happy for the recipe support & brewing advice by fellow brewers I've learnt off this site, and the occasional low key namecalling & insult throwing. It would really suck to be a retailer here though. You'd have to have some pretty thick skin.

I'm curious as to what went on... but that's the limit of it. Kinda glad i missed it

I'm curious as to what went on
Not a great deal, really. Someone's threads were modded. Someone else felt like that impinged upon his civil liberties for some reason.

Not a great deal, really. Someone's threads were modded. Someone else felt like that impinged upon his civil liberties for some reason.

First world problems

well, it works.

the super descaler not only cleans the brewery but also removes muscovy duck shit from the back verandah, quite a product :icon_cheers:

well, it works.

the super descaler not only cleans the brewery but also removes muscovy duck shit from the back verandah, quite a product :icon_cheers:

Fill us in yardy. Please. :icon_cheers:

What's this miracle stuff, and where do ya get it ?

Any chance of a pic to see the container?

For the second time in a fortnight we have received a wedding invitation in a BLACK envelope. Your first thought is "Who's died?"

Is black the new white? Why wasn't this run past me for approval before it became accepted etiquette?

The first one is from my nephew, my sister's son. The RSVP date was 3 days prior to us receiving the invitation. Obviously, we are very much on the C list, so we will not be helping them to celebrate their happy event. There's not even a phone number or an address to RSVP, it's supposed to be done on a designated crappy wedding website. And they bluntly state they don't want gifts, just money. If we have no address, we can't send a card, no gift, and no money! Bargain. I always knew there was a reason I didn't really like the little tike all that much. And worst of all, the wedding is in Lorne in Vic. Very convenient if you're flying in from interstate.

The second is from my niece, the daughter of one of my brothers. The wedding is in Cambridge in UnZud, so we might actually think of going, seeing as there is still 3 weeks to the RSVP date. Obviously we are on the A list for that one, and we actually like the girl, she's sweet and lovely (takes after her uncle warra). And there are proper contact details on the invitation, although they also have one of those wedding websites, but it's informative. Thankfully, there's no mention of gifts or money, so I'd be happy to donate to this one.

I was going through a large intersection the other day (I had a green light) and from my left, a bicycle rider enters the intersection in my lane (keeping far left...) however, he STILL disobeyed the road rules by going through a red light... I politely beeped by horn continually for approximately 5 seconds and HE gave ME the bird!

IDIOT!!!

I was going through a large intersection the other day (I had a green light) and from my left, a bicycle rider enters the intersection in my lane (keeping far left...) however, he STILL disobeyed the road rules by going through a red light... I politely beeped by horn continually for approximately 5 seconds and HE gave ME the bird!

IDIOT!!!

Do you pull a face when tooting the horn?
I do. I really clench my teeth, almost as if the harder I mash the hub of the steering wheel, the more obnoxious and deafening the horn will sound.
I installed triple air horns recently and now must run 30 amp fusing.
Got em from Supercheap Auto and boy, they sound like a cat with a soldering iron up it's bottom. Really makes inattentive pedestrians in an MP3 induced coma jump.

Fancy giving someone the bird. How rude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fill us in yardy. Please. :icon_cheers:

What's this miracle stuff, and where do ya get it ?

Any chance of a pic to see the container?

gday warra,

mate it's a 60% phos acid cleaner that i found at work, bloody good stuff, found out you can run it hot for CIP applications, not available to Joe Public though...

on another note, John Fogerty tickets go on sale 6th Feb for BNE, I am soooooooooooo there :icon_cheers:

Yard

And they bluntly state they don't want gifts, just money.

What's wrong with that? I've always thought that buying gifts for adults is a bit dumb. If I want it I'll buy it. If you buy something for me it will be wrong. Maybe in the same general class of something that I want, but wrong colour, size, brand, etc.

If I give details down to the part number as to what I want I'll (probably) get it, but what is the point then? Chances are it'll still be wrong, or purchased at twice the price that I'd have bought it for (i.e. I shop online).

Gift cards are about the worst gift out there. It's just like cash except it expires and you can only use it in one (chain of) shop(s). It has a face value on it, so why not just give cash where it can be spent when/where you feel like?

Talking of gift cards, here's the best freebie out there (in case you haven't heard of it).
Stick your details on www.tarocash.com.au , including your birthdate, and every birthday they send you a $50 voucher for their store.
I just scored yet another one last week, and "bought" a free pair of trousers for work.
Better than an unwanted pressy from the oldies.

Back