No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Turboprops tend to have an image of being less modern or less comfortable."

That's cos its reality.
I spose there's some nostalgic attraction to be had for some.

Ahh...what ever happened to the majestic airship gliding serenely through the clouds, motors gently humming away whilst the gents enjoyed a fine cigar and snifter of brandy in the smoking room?

That's the way of the future..

I wanted to post this after Bradbrew's post in What's in The Glass:

It's like looking into the eye of a duck...

UGC - big country took a fkn hammering and wouldn't go down. No brains that guy. Like homer Simpson. He needs to loose some weight and do some arm cardio for resilience.

The thread on water mechanics just gave me a headache, and I didn't even understand any of it, at all. ha, time for a beer

Qantas Club in Adelaide now has Coopers Sparkling available (and Fat Yak).

Still not as good as Perth with LCPA on tap.

Qantas Club in Adelaide now has Coopers Sparkling available (and Fat Yak).

Still not as good as Perth with LCPA on tap.

Perth and Freeo are truly great (as a Brisbane tourist at least) loved walking into just about any pub and getting at least 1 LC on tap.

Was at the Rose and Crown (half hour from perth) on Monday of last week and they had LCPA, LCBA, LC Pilsner and LC Rogers all at the same bar... That's the way it should be.

Weve been having some trouble with a local cat attacking our 2 housecats. Couple of pretty bad injuries and some big vet bills to one of our cats. Vet tells its defensive wounds or from trying to run away. The cat occasionally comes up onto out deck chasing our cats and sometimes attacks them there too.

Last night, before going to bed I close the cat flap and keep it on entry only, as one was still out eating and so they cant get out at night.

So 2am this morning I here a bit of fighting outside. I get up expecting to see the local cat running back down the stairs nope its inside and cant get out. My 2 cats have runoff to the bedrooms, and this things is going nuts running around the living room trying to get out. Running into the windows, headbutting the glass like a startled bird, just about climbing up the walls, making a huge racket. I didnt want to try and grab it as I reckon I would have just about got ripped to shreds. So I let the thing out hoping it will be too freaked out to come back. Was crazy shit at 2am!

Next time Ill try and catch it, take it to the vet, find the owners and hand them some vet bills.

I didnt want to try and grab it as I reckon I would have just about got ripped to shreds.
Yeah, smart move. A cornered, frightened cat isn't something I'd mess with if I didn't have to.

Cue: tough dudes saying tough things that they'd threaten to bash you over if you said them about a dog...

A freaked out cat is never an easy catch........

Best hope would be to try and be fast at throwing a washing basket/upturned bin over it and leaving it to settle the **** down....

yeah i took a wide birth from him, he was definitely too freaked out to herd up. Was making some great cracking headbutt noises against the windows.

I'm thinking maybe next time keep the cat flap on entry only, make sure my cats are inside, then place the cat cage hard up against the cat flap, so that if he enters he'll be caught in the cage... although i reckon cats are way too smart for that.

I can suggest some rat traps just make sure you cats are inside at the time and place them around the back of the house

the cat wont come back for seconds

Objectivity?

**** THAT - I'VE DRUNK THE BLOKE'S BEER!!!

Back