No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@petesbrew
Change the CD rip conversion from aac or mp4 format to mp3 (edit, preferences, general tab then "import settings") , then right click on your podcasts and select convert to MP3. It will double up in your library, but you can reorganise to remove dupes later.
This works for downloaded albums as well ;)
Thanks Eater, I'll give it a go tonight. Do you know if it does it for FLAC files too?

I'm anti apple/ipod/itunes myself, but the podcast section on itunes seems pretty good.

"Lecterfan's 22nd AG brew happening now" (with apologies to fergi) - doing Argon's LFPA recipe but only using chinook (picked Wednesday so is basically dry) and cascade (picked this morning) flowers...no idea what the IBU will be I've used beersmith and called it an American IPA. I've also tried FWH due to the abundance of flowers.

F*ck me sideways that's a lot of flowers, again I regret not having a digital camera.

Time for a beer.

Nice on Lec, think my AG count is only at about 10, if that. Notching another one up tomorrow though

"Lecterfan's 22nd AG brew happening now" (with apologies to fergi) - doing Argon's LFPA recipe but only using chinook (picked Wednesday so is basically dry) and cascade (picked this morning) flowers...no idea what the IBU will be I've used beersmith and called it an American IPA. I've also tried FWH due to the abundance of flowers.

F*ck me sideways that's a lot of flowers, again I regret not having a digital camera.

Time for a beer.

No photos didn't happen...

love to see some though... i'm sure your phone could take a few snaps

Camera is no use - no SD card, no usb...here is a photo from my darling gf's camera...all the spent hops from a 22L batch next to lid for scale. Shit photo but there you have it...the boil was 4 or 5 hours ago now.

spent_hops_edit.JPG

Awesome.

Can't help but hope you don't have a dog in that yard but.

Awesome.

Can't help but hope you don't have a dog in that yard but.

I do, but in all these years she hasn't shown the slightest inclination towards eating, sniffing etc. spent hops....plus I am not a total bogan dog owner so she is not unsupervised in the hop pile or other compost area ( - both seperate areas from the main yard - plus the pic was taken for Argon's approval and as such the hops were not yet in the brewing debris compost section).

Now, as for spent grain, well, I've already made comment about the pollywaffle rolled in muesli...the spent grain is now also disposed of in a non dog area.

Thanks for your concern though.

If you're gonna waste the bronze...YOU GOTTA DO IT BIG!

Woolworths Select napisan-ish was always unscented but now it is lemony. I am annoyed. I need to soak bottles and am on a very tight timeline - now the bottles are gonna get about 12 hours less contact time. Curses!

Ok, who's speedie? Which one of you funny fuckers is it?

Woolworths Select napisan-ish was always unscented but now it is lemony. I am annoyed. I need to soak bottles and am on a very tight timeline - now the bottles are gonna get about 12 hours less contact time. Curses!

I've always used the Cole's napisan-ish, which is lemon scented, never had any issues at all. I've soaked fermenters in the stuff for weeks, & made good beer afterwards.

Curious, can people actually taste the scented stuff when used or is it just a better to be safe thing? I can't taste it at all, but I guess others can, I should start thinking about not doing this for any comp/swap beers.

Curious, can people actually taste the scented stuff when used or is it just a better to be safe thing?
The second one for me - everyone always stresses unscented so that's what I've always bought. Funny how we just accept something without thinking about it sometimes, innit? I grabbed some unscented first thing this morning but perhaps I'll give the scented a run later and see for myself.

Oi, guvner.(s)

Can someone give me a good commercially available example of an ESB?

Or even a not so special one.

Doesn't taste like VsB does it?..

Fillers ESB...pretty much a benchmark of the style if you can get one that's reasonably fresh and hasn't been too badly mistreated

Young's Special London Ale.

I had one last night. I wish I had one every night.

Also try Fiddler's Elbow from Wychwood.

Fullers ESB & Samuel Smith's Pale Ale are my fave's by far

I just found myself watching while procrastinating from professional, domestic and brewing duties. You know you are feeling lazy when your kegs have blown, and you are too lazy to keg more beer, despite being thirsty and having the next couple of days off work. That video has inspired me to move.

And not do crack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back