No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found myself watching while procrastinating from professional, domestic and brewing duties. You know you are feeling lazy when your kegs have blown, and you are too lazy to keg more beer, despite being thirsty and having the next couple of days off work. That video has inspired me to move.

And not do crack.

...or get caught having a quick one off the wrist in public...

reubensmug2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually pretty comfortable living in a world where exibitionist masturbators have a day job that looks like this:
pee-wee-herman-740182.jpg

Camera is no use - no SD card, no usb...here is a photo from my darling gf's camera...all the spent hops from a 22L batch next to lid for scale. Shit photo but there you have it...the boil was 4 or 5 hours ago now.

Looks like what i left on the lawn after a head-wetting ceremony.......... :icon_vomit:

Looks like what i left on the lawn after a head-wetting ceremony.......... :icon_vomit:

hee hee - exactly what I thought after I posted it. Ironically enough its not far from the corner tap which has seen me on my hands and knees after a taxi ride in my wilder early 30s HA!

There were about 4 years of my life where I didn't consider it to be a big night out if it didn't end with washing my mouth out at the outside corner tap, a quick brush of the teeth (after waking up huddled outside) and then 4 hours of sleep in bed.

That is why I could confidently now answer "no" to Pollux's last poll.

..'$x to good home'...
Do people not get that 'to a good home' is if something is free? Not 'I'll only sell u something if it's going to a good home'. Be honest, u couldn't care less if it's a good home or not so long as they pay u. Why write it. It's just silly.

I need to get some yeasts going and ferment some beer.

..'$x to good home'...
Do people not get that 'to a good home' is if something is free? Not 'I'll only sell u something if it's going to a good home'. Be honest, u couldn't care less if it's a good home or not so long as they pay u. Why write it. It's just silly.

Is this why you always see handwritten signs like 'kittens, free to good home'?

Some work i just completed for Isaac Regional Council. Not the website... just the concepts and drawings. Feel free to submit a vote.

Some pretty important stuff in regards to the Mining sector and associated regional communities. Could have big implications all around Australia.

So I bought a Kinect for my Xbox360 yesterday and got some fitness program called Your Shape:Fitness Evolved today....

The orientation was enough to kill me, and to think I used to walk to work at a decent speed (7km/h) 18 months ago....

My wife rolled up to Borders bookstore to use a $50 gift card we'd been given at Christmas time only to be informed that they are now in receivership and due to the branch being a franchise, they are under no obligation to honor the card.
They will however match the credit dollar for dollar if you spend the money - in order to 'save their business' as the store manager told her.

What they are saying is all holders of credit against Borders are 'unsecured creditors' and I suspect banking on the fact that most will not be arsed to take it any further.

Well, we've been in small business long enough and sued enough people to get paid to know how the system works. And it never favors the creditor.
But it should never stop you from trying.

In the normal run of things, we never shop at Borders due to the ridiculous pricing. 'Oh, but online sales are killing us' - yeah? cry me a ******* river - move with the times or get out, but don't attempt to lumber the innocent customers with your debt because you cant read the signs.

I say this is dirty pool.
**** you Borders.
I'm suing..

My wife rolled up to Borders bookstore to use a $50 gift card we'd been given at Christmas time only to be informed that they are now in receivership and due to the branch being a franchise, they are under no obligation to honor the card.
They will however match the credit dollar for dollar if you spend the money - in order to 'save their business' as the store manager told her.

What they are saying is all holders of credit against Borders are 'unsecured creditors' and I suspect banking on the fact that most will not be arsed to take it any further.

Well, we've been in small business long enough and sued enough people to get paid to know how the system works. And it never favors the creditor.

In the normal run of things, we never shop at Borders due to the ridiculous pricing. 'Oh, but online sales are killing us' - yeah? cry me a ******* river - move with the times or get out, but don't attempt to lumber the innocent customers with your debt because you cant read the signs.

**** you Borders.
I'm suing..

What arseholes, I would have just pinched a $50 book and left the gift card on the counter.

-BD

When secured creditors would be lucky to see 30% of their debts settled, it's highly unlikely that gift cards will be honoured. The taxman will get all that he's owed, followed by employee benefits/salaries, then the administrators chunk, followed by maor creditors that lodge a claim with the receivers.

Throw it in the bin, for something that was a gift anyway, its not worth the stress that this will cause you and your family to fight it. You could spend that $50 that they offered to price/voucher match from your own pocket over at the Book Depository or Amazon, end up with the same value's worth that $100 gets you at Borders, and support the growing trend of e-business so it stays around for the forseeable future.

Plus, Book Depository has more brewing publications :)

**** you Borders.
I'm suing..
Way to keep up with news. It's almost a month old news. What ur describing it's stock standard practice for receivership in fact its law to look after secured creditors first.

There is much more to it than online sales. A heap more. Does no one read the AFR ot study economics/finance anymore?

Not to say I don't sympathize. It sucks for u. But look at bright side, they could yell u to **** off completely. At least they are matching.

^^ It's also standard practice to inform unsecured creditors when the company goes into receivership, where was my yellow envelope, eh?
To be honest, I could care less about fifty dollars worth of books from ******* Borders - which probably amounts to a bargin bin special and an issue of Beer & Brewer magazine.
But I'm a petty man in many ways and shall have my revenge.

Therefore I shall be affixing a Groucho Marx style disguise and putting BD's plan into action, or at least spilling a thermos of black coffee on some encyclopedia's..

This is one hell of an interesting reuse of a fire extinguisher...

white-trash-repairs-not-a-kludge-fire-extinguisher-keg.jpg

Just got a beer from the royal hotel in Perth. They brew a few of their own.
"I'll have the ipa. Is it an English or American ipa?"
"ummm... It's from Margaret river"
Bwahahaha!!!

Just got a beer from the royal hotel in Perth. They brew a few of their own.
"I'll have the ipa. Is it an English or American ipa?"
"ummm... It's from Margaret river"
Bwahahaha!!!

:blink:

Hopefully he Buggered off to a differant forum to give them rhe shits...aftersll we've got speedie whose enough of a fkn toss for several forums
Agreed, wtf was I thinking, daring to summon the evil one by intoning it's name?

I may possibly have been just a little bit hammered :D

Latest posts

Back