No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love getting the brewing mojo back. 135L brewed and cubed in the last 2 days. 12 empty kegs helps the motivation, as does going to the bottlo- $6 for a tallie of coopers pale, FMD, I'll take that 6 pack of Oettinger 500ml cans for $12 thanks.

So moderation is over, yeah?

bum said:
So moderation is over, yeah?
I have never had to moderate a post because someone said shit? Sorry if it offended you. Unless of course there is a forum member called manly, in which I am truly sorry.

So telling a potentially large segment of the board to suck shit without legitimate context is fine now?

Noted.

[Edit: bewildering phone typo]

bum said:
So telling a potentially large segment of the board to suck shit without legitimate context is fine now?

Noted.

[Edit: bewildering phone typo]
Get your facts staight big fella.
I never told any member to suck shit. In fact I did not even type suck shit. The legitimate context is there for those that know the background on how manly stiffed the north sydney bears. Rabbitohs is a trade mark of South sydney, which would enable most to associate that with rugby league teams, not a suburb of sydney. Are you saying that people that live within that suburb would not be able to make that connection?

Cats on a roll. Another one this morning at the back door. Tiny one. So there cant be many left in the nest.

Cocko said:
Kooinda:

What a great brewery and you guys are making some amazing beers! - well done. sincerely, we have all watched you come of age and are proud.

Ok, PACKAGING:

Are you ******* serious with the six pack plastic top holdy thing? Seriously WTF?

I am looking at other beers because I feel safer carrying them.

Explain?
I obviously can't speak on behalf of Kooinda, but there is more to packaging than you might think.

From what I can tell, their previous 'six pack' was the pre-glued ones which you have to hand-assemble. I personally dislike these because they are a pain to assemble and they are a pain to maneuver on the shelf because they hook on one-another, but they do offer a presentable branded package that is accessible to people producing small volumes.

I have not seen the exact plastic ones which you speak of, but I know the type and they are popular in other countries. I am sure that for hand assembly, these would be far easier and faster and therefore more profitable. And as for safety, I would put my money on these statistically holding their integrity better/longer than any cardboard variant.

The cluster pack wraps with the locking underneath that we are all used to require large machinery usually financed via long-term contracts on actual packaging, so are only accessible to producers with significant volumes. These wraps can also be a nightmare, the tabs have to form exactly correctly in the machine for them to work. I always see these taped up in bottle shops because they rely on a crisp fold and a little bit of humidity can soften the card and make them instantly spring apart.

Kooinda are probably just assessing their situation in terms of available options, and have chosen one which is best suited to their needs. The downside with their choice, however logical, is that it bucks the trend of what Australian consumers are used to and it may not be welcomed with open arms. Cocko, I am using you as an example here.

Please tell mw its not going to cost like $17 to play all the levelsbin candy crush. Fk that for a joke.

citymorgue2 said:
Please tell mw its not going to cost like $17 to play all the levelsbin candy crush. Fk that for a joke.
Ha ha. Just started this today. Have to wait 10 or 15 mins after you get out.

lukiferj said:
Ha ha. Just started this today. Have to wait 10 or 15 mins after you get out.
nah I want meaning lives I was meaning that after the first 2? Stages u need to pay to get more levels or use facebook to get friends to play and help you get access to the levels.

Comments on Eumundi Brewery - winery [ forum march 27 ] need some explanation.
AHB Forum members know obtaining a Micro brewery Licence is a long, expensive exercise with 3 tiers of Government & Public Impact Studies.. We have had beer & wine sales Licences for 15 years but our Brewery Licences , granted in 2009, then needed DA from local Council ; this took 3 YEARS . The Company could not trade from 2009 till 2013, no cash flow & almost went out of business.

We tell this to all our customers, including Screwie, to explain the rundown gardens etc & the need to use an external contract brewer.

From 2007 until 2012 the Companies two winemakers evaluated many brewers in Queensland for our microbrewery. They found that Rudi Herget is by far the most technically competetnt & commercially oriented brewer in Queensland.

So, What are sortakinda german beers ?
His beers are made from German malts, hops & yeast using German techniques perfected over 50 years of international brewing & are a "mean drop ".

Please call in, try our beers, learn about red & green tape & bureaucracy & watch us grow

Gerry Humphrey 07 54427444

Bizier said:
I obviously can't speak on behalf of Kooinda, but there is more to packaging than you might think.

From what I can tell, their previous 'six pack' was the pre-glued ones which you have to hand-assemble. I personally dislike these because they are a pain to assemble and they are a pain to maneuver on the shelf because they hook on one-another, but they do offer a presentable branded package that is accessible to people producing small volumes.

I have not seen the exact plastic ones which you speak of, but I know the type and they are popular in other countries. I am sure that for hand assembly, these would be far easier and faster and therefore more profitable. And as for safety, I would put my money on these statistically holding their integrity better/longer than any cardboard variant.

The cluster pack wraps with the locking underneath that we are all used to require large machinery usually financed via long-term contracts on actual packaging, so are only accessible to producers with significant volumes. These wraps can also be a nightmare, the tabs have to form exactly correctly in the machine for them to work. I always see these taped up in bottle shops because they rely on a crisp fold and a little bit of humidity can soften the card and make them instantly spring apart.

Kooinda are probably just assessing their situation in terms of available options, and have chosen one which is best suited to their needs. The downside with their choice, however logical, is that it bucks the trend of what Australian consumers are used to and it may not be welcomed with open arms. Cocko, I am using you as an example here.

I totally agree with all your points Bizier and absolutely understand their decision to use these, if it is best for them....

They are still shit IMO... being a consumer and all.

Obviously my original post was quite late and I may have had a couple, possibly causing an over zealous post about it but still...

Cheers!

Cocko said:
I totally agree with all your points Bizier and absolutely understand their decision to use these, if it is best for them....

They are still shit IMO... being a consumer and all.

Obviously my original post was quite late and I may have had a couple, possibly causing an over zealous post about it but still...

Cheers!
we dont understand how that could happen. Never happened on here before ;)
Man you shoild of been on here years ago when some of the old members would go at it. They were the days you could edit your posts anytime you liked. The funniest and most shit slinging threads and posts happened and then the next morning retractions. Hilarious.

Eumundibrewery said:
Comments on Eumundi Brewery - winery [ forum march 27 ] need some explanation.
AHB Forum members know obtaining a Micro brewery Licence is a long, expensive exercise with 3 tiers of Government & Public Impact Studies.. We have had beer & wine sales Licences for 15 years but our Brewery Licences , granted in 2009, then needed DA from local Council ; this took 3 YEARS . The Company could not trade from 2009 till 2013, no cash flow & almost went out of business.

We tell this to all our customers, including Screwie, to explain the rundown gardens etc & the need to use an external contract brewer.

From 2007 until 2012 the Companies two winemakers evaluated many brewers in Queensland for our microbrewery. They found that Rudi Herget is by far the most technically competetnt & counmmercially oriented brewer in Queensland.

So, What are sortakinda german beers ?
His beers are made from German malts, hops & yeast using German techniques perfected over 50 years of international brewing & are a "mean drop ".

Please call in, try our beers, learn about red & green tape & bureaucracy & watch us grow

Gerry Humphrey 07 54427444
dude why put it here and not on the retail thread? Ok the off topic thread is hugely read but you should get ur message/info out in a dedicated thread. Kudos and keeping up the challange and finally suceeding.

I really don't have a problem with Kooi's 6pack holders. The only times I've tested their structural integrity has involved getting them from the bottle shop to the car......then from the car to the fridge. They've passed muster each time. I noticed the Otway's beers are wrapped/straddled in those things too now.
Also....Waiting for internet schiesse throwing to erupt from a few posts above. If I know the internet.....It does not allow you to defend your business, even if it may be posted in the wrong spot.

Latest posts

Back