No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today (and the rest of the week's) lunch is "Mindaloo" (Mild Vindaloo).

Warmbeer: find me some style guidelines and I'll judge it!

Today (and the rest of the week's) lunch is "Mindaloo" (Mild Vindaloo).

Warmbeer: find me some style guidelines and I'll judge it!
thought you said minge-aloo for a second. :huh:

score sheet coming right up

Category # _______ Subcategory (a-f) ______ Entry #
Subcategory (spell out)
Special Ingredients:
Comments
Aroma (as appropriate for style) _________/12
Comment on malt, hops, esters, and other aromatics

Appearance (as appropriate for style) _________/ 3
Comment on color, clarity, and head (retention, color, and texture)

Flavour___________/20
Comment on malt, hops, fermentation characteristics, balance, finish/aftertaste, and other flavor characteristics

Mouthfeel (as appropriate for style) _________/ 5
Comment on body, carbonation, warmth, creaminess, astringency, and other palate sensations

Overall Impression _________/10
Comment on overall drinking pleasure associated with entry, give suggestions for improvement

Total _________/50

defrosted mince & veggie pasta
aroma - 2
typical rehated pasta and meat smell with hints of DMS. very weak smell. needed more kick, would suggest freshness is an issue.

appearance -2
looks quite tasty. good looking form clumps of meat and well formed veg and pasta. kept its shape pretty well when moving it around with a spoon. best aspect of the dish.

Flavour - 2
not sure you can use this on a bjcp scoresheet but here it goes. :icon_vomit: watery, lifeless and fairly bland. suggest that a lot fo the 'water' that come out of the dish when defrosting contained a lot of the flavour. frshness must be an issue.

Mouthfeel -1
whilst the textures were ok in the meat and pasta it didnt feel right. slightly rubbery and mushy. very unplesent to eat.

Overall impression - 1
whilst appearance was promising the real thing failed to deliver. Suggest eating when fresh and not keeping it so long. This may have been good in prime, but it seems to have past. please try and resubmit one in its prime.

total 8

you lunch must be like the sao's that I took to work for morning tea Ithaught would be good but later found out they had been in the back of the cupbord for at least 6 months

tasted like vegemite and a combonation of old rags and cardboard

im probably being harsh. i think 11 is the bare minimum bcjp score you should be giving.

you lunch must be like the sao's that I took to work for morning tea Ithaught would be good but later found out they had been in the back of the cupbord for at least 6 months

tasted like vegemite and a combonation of old rags and cardboard

:icon_vomit:

A few months late, obviously, but it gave me a giggle nonetheless.

2333.jpg

Only good thing about doing stock take is that work pays for some pizzas for lunch. mmmm, meatlovers pizza. If only they'd let me have a beer with it

This one's hard to believe.
Just the noise would rattle your fillings.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this looing at CBD from kings park or is kings park to the left? from memory its to the left?

Very nice Katie,

Here's Sydney's 15 year vision. Suprisingly, we are already ahead of schedule.
gridlock_in_paris.jpg

if anybody has lived in perth they will know that it will never happen and if it does it will be a half assed atempt that will take for ever

they will also have numerous union strikes go over budget and will look nothing like the orignal and nobody will visit it

and in 10 years it will look like a rubish dump

Eff me some people are sensitive around here! I see that the "What happened to butters thread" has been locked. Very strange as it was on to its 2nd page so obviuosly people were using it. Also I had some free advice in response to some offered by someone called Nick I think. Honestly this is a place for grown ups. The post was in the "Off topic" forum. What's the problem? It's becoming such that the in crowd are running the place. I mean noone called anyone a "dickhead" did they? MAybe we need some accountabilty given that the admins are spending our donations?

Back