No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Wibble said:
I was once on the Newcastle Flyer in that state of three-quarter-sleeping that every long-distance train commuter knows.
There was a woman sitting next to me, long hair, power-suit - I must have opened my eyes briefly when she sat down at Hornsby.
She smelled of too-much perfume and cigarettes.
Just before Strathfield station; somewhere down the back of the carriage a baby was crying intermittently.
I don't know for how long, maybe only a few minutes, maybe since forever.
Suddenly the woman is screaming: "CAN'T YOU SHUT THAT BLOODY BABY UP!", flops back down in her seats, hmph!-s.
Now wide awake and grumpy, I only said to her "She would have already if she could", but I wanted to say so much more.

-kt

You should have gone to the parent of the crying baby and asked to borrow a dummy, then offered it to lady sitting next to you.

Mate, don't talk to me about domestic duties. How the f#ck does a wife (mine) do the vacuuming and leave the bloody vacuum out for two days yet they have the gaul to say to us "did you mop the floor like I asked?" I know why they don't say "did you mop the floor like I do" because I would then leave the bloody mop in the bloody bucket full of dirty effin water!

Exactly like mine and if I say anything she says you have got OCD, though I must admit lying in a hospital bed recently there was an aerosol can on a shelf opposite, the lid wasn't quite on right, it was distracting me from the TV, I couldn't get out of bed and I didn't like to say anything, but then a nurse came in and as she was talking to me she picked it up and tried to put the lid on properly she failed miserably, and it was worse than before. Eventually when a cleaner came into the room I asked her to put the lid on properly, she did but she said to me how long have you had OCD!
Its only with lids I daren't pick up a sauce bottle at home and shake it, I know the lid will fly off, same with jars I daren't pick up a jar by the lid, so if I have got OCD my wife gave it to me.

Liam_snorkel said:
I think only the 'long form' URL works (instead of yout.be/ etc):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQfylQ2Jgg
Have found when using the 'share' then 'embed' to get the link, this is the result.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
wide eyed and legless said:
Exactly like mine and if I say anything she says you have got OCD, though I must admit lying in a hospital bed recently there was an aerosol can on a shelf opposite, the lid wasn't quite on right, it was distracting me from the TV, I couldn't get out of bed and I didn't like to say anything, but then a nurse came in and as she was talking to me she picked it up and tried to put the lid on properly she failed miserably, and it was worse than before. Eventually when a cleaner came into the room I asked her to put the lid on properly, she did but she said to me how long have you had OCD!
Its only with lids I daren't pick up a sauce bottle at home and shake it, I know the lid will fly off, same with jars I daren't pick up a jar by the lid, so if I have got OCD my wife gave it to me.
Ah......no. That would be my OCD wife. The more OCD Shit she does the more i see OCD stuff/people as hanging on to tight. No offence.

I clean up often enough but have a different approach to my wife. For her, if it's not visible it's clean. I'll come home to see no clothes in the clean watching pile and go "stellar work my dear, place looks A1" then trip over a basket of clean washing when I go into the the laundry to check my yeast starter. Similarly with mopping/vacuuming/wiping she'll clean the stuff you can see, not the stuff you can't.
Maybe it's my brewing instincts but if I'm going to have half a go at it, I need to have a full crack at it. Toilets seats come off, couches get moved when vacumming, appliances cop some stainless cleaner etc. Suddenly "you don't clean enough" becomes "you waste too much time cleaning".
"Yeah no worries, happy to help"

madpierre06 said:
Have found when using the 'share' then 'embed' to get the link, this is the result.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That's for embedding it in HTML. Just select the URL from the address bar & paste it into your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheWiggman said:
I clean up often enough but have a different approach to my wife. For her, if it's not visible it's clean. I'll come home to see no clothes in the clean watching pile and go "stellar work my dear, place looks A1" then trip over a basket of clean washing when I go into the the laundry to check my yeast starter. Similarly with mopping/vacuuming/wiping she'll clean the stuff you can see, not the stuff you can't.
Maybe it's my brewing instincts but if I'm going to have half a go at it, I need to have a full crack at it. Toilets seats come off, couches get moved when vacumming, appliances cop some stainless cleaner etc. Suddenly "you don't clean enough" becomes "you waste too much time cleaning".
"Yeah no worries, happy to help"
Perfection is the enemy of done...

Liam_snorkel said:
That's for embedding it in HTML. Just select the URL from the address bar & paste it into your post.

Hey, it works. Ya learn another way every day!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0

To this day I still occasionally stare into space and wonder if somewhere, somehow, progress was made on Bandito's brewery and he really did automate something.
I want to believe.

I check in to that thread every now and then. Reminds me of the good old days on AHB.

Can't say I was really about (got here when bum + misfits and NickJD got the big B) back then but stuff me there was value in that thread. You couldn't make that shit up. At work I reckon everyone around him would wonder how he hasn't got the sack. Then his other threads where he played around with a regulator in his rental and stained his benchtop... comic gold!

A short note to the young gentleman in front of me in the train -

No matter how often you adjust your backwards baseball cap and how often you groom the lock of hair sticking artfully out the cap's adjustment hole to make it just so.... No matter how often you do these things, you will still look like a giant dickhead.

The Renevant:

Absolutely stunning cinematography - all natural light, no green-screen or CG - and the most authentic bear - or any omnivore attack scene ever created. A close second were the Arikara arrows finding their mark. Had my wife watching between her fingers.
Definitely going to catch this on the big screen before its run ends. Only slightly soured by Tom Hardys character whos dialog was expressed in a kind of unintelligible 1800s frontiersman mumbling drawl.

+100 for Revenant.
Excellent film in all aspects.
Some grueling fight & bear scenes!
I would say I thought Tom Hardy did a fantastic job with his portrayal - really impressed - but I similarly struggled to catch the mumbled drawl, at least for some parts of the film.
Kinda wish Kirk Lazarus had've been there to tell him to not go full frontiersman.
Otherwise he should've won the best support Oscar for sure.

I thought the Revenant was a bit slowish actually great photography and Leo puts Superman to shame should have been called 'The Unkillable Man'.

I dropped a Speaker Stand on my big toe and can hardly walk for 10 days.. :blink: :blink:

Back