No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sometimes get the hope that this is like some sort of dodgey Murder Mystery night where at the end all the missing members pop up and go "SURPRISE!"

If this is not the case some form of disclosure certainly would be appreciated.

CM2 was a contributing member and a great person, knowing him, I can say that.

I do think he got very cynical and 're-active' in his posting of late but only due to the reason about the site being discussed of late.

Hopefully he was warned first and given a chance to re-think his approach. [NOT questioning any decisions, just my opinion]

I too was helped, numerous times by CM2 and BUM... and many of the fallen.

We only have the future, so hopefully Doc Brown is around! :D

I thought Doc Brown was dead but he's only 75 and still in the acting business. There's still hope yet Cocko!

Cocko said:
Sooo... we are just letting the Bum thing slide?

Does anyone know anything? Fairly active member that, sure, had a lot to say... but more than often brought around 'case in point' of posts/threads.

I hope he is allowed to return.

5c.
Facetiousness aside, so do I mate. Every forum needs a bum.

Also.
I am so proud that you made the switch to the metric system.
Now you wont have to use terms like 'Hogs head' and 'fathoms'.

Bum had a lot of good points and was an intelligent member but he was also responsible for a lot of aggressive posting including phrases like 'you are the dumbest shit that ever was shat'.
Love him or hate him, you can't pretend that he was never warned or temporarily suspended many times before being banned permanently.
You also can't pretend that a great deal of his posting wasn't disruptive or that he wasn't responsible for numerous personal attacks.
I'm not big on the idea of banning regular members as opposed to trolls and spammers but he was far from innocent.
An announcement regarding recent decisions has been made by admin in a recent post.

Well put, Manticle, and thank you for replying about it, in this thread. Respect.

I am so very glad you have the green stripes but seem to be able to still communicate in the same open and level manor, sincerely.

If I could be as rude to ask, what do the mods define this, now often, use of the word 'DISRUPTIVE' as being? Seriously, it seems like a very throw away line that allows an opinionated response and a license to remove anything that does not fall in to the 'non disruptive' definition?

Cheers

Think of a thread topic being derailed by overtly aggressive or antagonistic responses.

Do a fkn search, **** this thread or piss in a bottle and leave it in the sun are all real examples from different users.
My perspective on it though - I don't claim to represent all mods. I see a lot of threads go where they don't need to. People forget (some willingly) that the net is just another platform for communicating rather than an excuse to be belligerent because of an assumed anonymity.

So when I was a kid, I grew up with this kind of catepillar:
2229926339_cb3f9b8ea1_z.jpg

But now I am experiencing DIFFERENT ones eating my plants.

Bizier said:
So when I was a kid, I grew up with this kind of catepillar:
2229926339_cb3f9b8ea1_z.jpg

But now I am experiencing DIFFERENT ones eating my plants.
sawfly. Sting like bejeebus if you touch them.

The unfortunate consequence of having to remove larrikins is a slow gentrification. Beer It Happens to many establishments and they become places I feel uncomfortable frequenting.

edit: my phone had a freudian slip.

Well, I reckon it's a bloody shame. I'm not defending swearing at members, or other actions of which I am unaware, just saying the forum will be a less colourful place without Bum.

Well not really, but he is a part of the community, and like any community you have to take the good with the bad. I'd rather have the angry uncle than mods brandishing ban-hammers. There really is a sense that anyone could be next, and there's just something about permanent bans that irk me.
Hold me.

Careful, I got a warning for saying something similar. Speaking openly can be punished, even at Christmas.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Liam_snorkel said:
Well not really, but he is a part of the community, and like any community you have to take the good with the bad. I'd rather have the angry uncle than mods brandishing ban-hammers. There really is a sense that anyone could be next, and there's just something about permanent bans that irk me.
Hold me.
No one has been just given a perm ban without warning. In the case of Bum he was given a 24 hour suspension for a breach of a forum rule, one that he had already received warnings on. Once the 24 hours was up he returned to the forum with another post clearly breaching exactly the same rule. I will not be discussing this in any further detail.

As a moderator I don't feel we should need to justify our every action to the community. We have Admin and site owners who are well aware of what and why we are performing our actions, if they don't agree with our action they can reverse it. I can assure you a permanent ban is not handed out easily. If you feel you could be next then stop posting against the forum and it's moderators with statements such as "mods brandishing ban-hammers", and start posting more constructive brew related posts. We don't want to loose members such as yourself from the community.

SimoB said:
Careful, I got a warning for saying something similar. Speaking openly can be punished, even at Christmas.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
From the rules
14. Posts complaining about moderation, or discussing administrative decisions will be deleted. Such discussion should take place via Private Message.

It is not that hard of a rule to understand.

Back