No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Tried that. They only had the plastic chain and no joiners.

So working for myself is working out, now that I've been let go from 3 jobs in succession. Fuckem' i'll do it myself. Now earning more than being employed and can do it from home. May even brew again, November was my last.

Architect.

Large scale commercial has gone to shit. Government work, up hear at least has all dried up. Now just doing the sole practitioner thing with residential projects. Extensions, renovations and fit-outs, development approvals and building approvals. Working from home not really doing 8 hours a day, doing it at my leisure really and going ok.

Worst part is, not really knowing where the next one is coming from.
Best part is, boss gives me hand-jobs, I can drink all his beer and **** his wife

punkin said:
Well where the **** would a man obtain one of those in a country town? :ph34r:
Dump shop? Or do you have a neighbour with similar blinds?

Funnily enough I moved out of Brisbane to tassie in part to get away from architectural domestic work and am now running a large scale commercial type job on an island in the middle of the bass strait. Location means I get soooooo much past the architect.
He's the least of my worries though, I've found a new enemy......the engineer........

Funnily enough I moved out of Brisbane to tassie in part to get away from architectural domestic work and am now running a large scale commercial type job on an island in the middle of the bass strait. Location means I get soooooo much past the architect.
He's the least of my worries though, I've found a new enemy......the engineer........

Ahhhhhhhh..... You're one of then aren't cha!
Have worked with a few good ones down here but this bloke.......**** me. I'm slightly hamstrung by several levels of communication (principal contractor/architect/engineer/govt agency/Easter bunny/father Christmas) in order to get clarifications. Requests seem to climb up the ladder then slowly trickle back down but stop at old mate.
Until I'm blessed with his presence out here and am informed all these choices I've made in an absence of a reply were wrong.

That sucks. I'm not yet one, but in the industry. Everyone I work with is great obviously, we're just a misunderstood bunch stuck in between pen-sniffing architects, anal-retentive certifiers, and contractors who won't/don't/can't read a plan. ;)

My little girl drew a rainbow in her picture today and labelled it "rambo".

I so wanna draw it wearing a black headband and holding an M60.

I want to see you with a rainbow sweatband drawing first blood.

Whatever that means.

You made me want to watch First Blood again Jyo.

Komodo said:
Spotlight?
haberdashery store?
Bingo. I have a spotlight club card too. Perfect and i should have thought of that. Thank you.

argon said:
Architect.

Large scale commercial has gone to shit. Government work, up hear at least has all dried up. Now just doing the sole practitioner thing with residential projects. Extensions, renovations and fit-outs, development approvals and building approvals. Working from home not really doing 8 hours a day, doing it at my leisure really and going ok.

Worst part is, not really knowing where the next one is coming from.
Best part is, boss gives me hand-jobs, I can drink all his beer and **** his wife
Yep, loving working from home and being my own boss (except for myob). Wish i'd been in a position to do it years ago.

Liam_snorkel said:

Ahhh well, you know what they say. Not all arseholes are engineers.

argon said:
Architect.
When I started in the building game, I thought architect was actually two words until learning ******* was just an adverb..

I remember as a first year apprentice spilling some paint on an architects $200 (1987) woolen jumper, he also didn't like my reply that he shouldn't have been standing underneath me and he could have asked me to stop working if he wanted to have a look. Also gave him advice on how to clean it up :lol: . At that time I could not understand why most of the tradies on site congratulated me when he left.

Latest posts

Back