No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the German in the Green house (who smokes Prince and drinks coffee) owns the fish?

Yes QB, the German owns the fish, not the green house, although he does live in one.

I was hoping it would be a little harder than that myself. After reading about it where ever it was posted on the net, I thought I was pretty smart if only 2% of people work it out, seems that's not the case, and it's just easy :( . Ok, I promise, no more riddles from me. Unless I find a really really hard one :D

Well HB79, it seems QB and I have the same solution... Well, at least one full matching house, and I double checked all rules weren't violated. Care to publish your solution? I guess there could be more than one solution, but I doubt it...

This one *should* be easy... if you're clever enough.

A brewer had his beer stolen. The thief had to be Alice, Billy, Chris, David, or Elizabeth. When questioned, each person made three statements:

Alice:
(1) I didn't take the beer.
(2) I have never in my life stolen anything.
(3) David did it.

Billy:
(4) I didn't take the beer.
(5) I have a brewery, and plenty of beer of my own.
(6) Elizabeth knows who did it.

Chris:
(7) I didn't take the beer.
(8) I didn't know Elizabeth before I started brewing.
(9) David did it.

David:
(10) I am not guilty.
(11) Elizabeth did it.
(12) Alice is lying when she says I stole the beer.

Elizabeth:
(13) I didn't take the beer.
(14) Billy is guilty.
(15) Chris can vouch for me because he has known me since I was born.

Later, each person admitted that two of their statements were true and one was false. Assuming this is true, who stole the beer?

This one *should* be easy... if you're clever enough.

A brewer had his beer stolen. The thief had to be Alice, Billy, Chris, David, or Elizabeth. When questioned, each person made three statements:

Alice:
(1) I didn't take the beer.
(2) I have never in my life stolen anything.
(3) David did it.

Billy:
(4) I didn't take the beer.
(5) I have a brewery, and plenty of beer of my own.
(6) Elizabeth knows who did it.

Chris:
(7) I didn't take the beer.
(8) I didn't know Elizabeth before I started brewing.
(9) David did it.

David:
(10) I am not guilty.
(11) Elizabeth did it.
(12) Alice is lying when she says I stole the beer.

Elizabeth:
(13) I didn't take the beer.
(14) Billy is guilty.
(15) Chris can vouch for me because he has known me since I was born.

Later, each person admitted that two of their statements were true and one was false. Assuming this is true, who stole the beer?
Boonie did. as well as all the pies

Well HB79, it seems QB and I have the same solution... Well, at least one full matching house, and I double checked all rules weren't violated. Care to publish your solution? I guess there could be more than one solution, but I doubt it...

You guys were both right, I was just being anal because the question was who owns the fish, not what house it lives in. I'm not sure if there is more than one answer, once I got it I was happy with that. QB's one is a tad harder, might take me all lunchtime for that one :lol:

Naaaaaah it's just a little trial and error if you don't see the "trick"

Ahh yes, it was Billy. Funny, I looked for about 15 mins couldn't pick it, came back to it and spotted it straight away

Lovely 14hr day yesterday knocking off at 9pm and now back there again. All that and no booze blows

5000th post.

:party:

had to be here :)

cheers

oh_look.jpg

Just saw Hungry Beast for the first time.

Worst shit ever.

Ahhh i punched motivational posters into a google search the other night........... Ahhhh i love the internet.

cheers

funny_motivational_posters_3r_28.jpg

The watermark in the top right corner appears to say www godsgirls SOMETHING.... HMMMM....

Back