No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who has ever been a Pantera fan (current membership to this group not required):

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IdCwtIijOA[/media]

I know, right? "Just simmer" killed me.

OK, Bum. Sage advice. How about I refer to "the word before recalesce" in the OED instead?

I could, of course, be referring to myself in using "that other R-word", as I tend to object to restraint at the best of times (particularly in the consumption of alcoholic beverages).

bum said:
For anyone who has ever been a Pantera fan (current membership to this group not required):

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IdCwtIijOA[/media]
Thank you for that, haven't had a good laugh at a *tube clip for a while.

"5 minutes on lowwwww", I lost my shit.

Cemetary Cakes! That is an awesome clip.

On non-thrash topic- Had to call an after hours Medicare doctor out to the house for the little bloke tonight as he was too crook to take to an after hours clinic. Poor little bloke is riddled with hand, foot and mouth. The doctor was literally at the door in 15 minutes. Medicare, so it was bulk billed.

This will stop me complaining about the amount of tax I pay for at least a few weeks.

jyo said:
This will stop me complaining about the amount of tax I pay for at least a few weeks.
You could complain about the amount of tax I pay if you get bored during those weeks.

Seriously, I hope your kid's on the mend.

Poor little bugger. Hope he's on the mend soon.

Still. Free home visits? Friggin' Nanny State! This country is STUFFED! Best country in the world but.

Boonie. BOONIE!

I know. Our health system is in ruins! I know people who have bad exeperiences, but mine has only been positive. That's having 2 kids (my bladder still suffers!) and 3 operations in the public health system. I didn't even know they did bulk-billed home visits until last night!

Thanks, blokes. Yeah he is picking up, but he has spent hours non stop screaming. Bloody distressing to see.

I have to say I didn't really understand what a hipster was until this week. I've been at the CBD Melbourne Uni campus for a few hours each day and there is certainly a prevalent 'look' among the youngsters. I had one young dude ask me yesterday why I 'chose to look so conspicuous'... beard, long hair, motorhead tshirt, black jeans...I assured him in Ballarat I get mistaken for so and so's brother or cousin or the guy from the servo or whatever at least once a month - in Ballarat he would be conspicuous haha. I guess the young artists from south melbourne don't chance upon many fat old ranga bogans too often...bad luck for them, we is good people.

Hipsters are covered in insta-tatts, usually have glasses and some kind of facial hair, wear skinny jeans and are into 'vintage'.

You just ran into a uni square. They are also on the increase.

manticle said:
You just ran into a uni square. They are also on the increase.
And the median age is advancing.

Significantly.

I also marked 48 exams today and gave an extra point for the persons first name and surname rhyming. Legitimate.

My lil man had hand foot and mouth a couple of years ago, he couldn't even stand without screaming, as he had blisters on the soles of his feet. Bloody horrible watching him go through that. Fortunately the worst of it was over in a few days.

Lecterfan said:
I have to say I didn't really understand what a hipster was until this week. I've been at the CBD Melbourne Uni campus for a few hours each day and there is certainly a prevalent 'look' among the youngsters. I had one young dude ask me yesterday why I 'chose to look so conspicuous'... beard, long hair, motorhead tshirt, black jeans...I assured him in Ballarat I get mistaken for so and so's brother or cousin or the guy from the servo or whatever at least once a month - in Ballarat he would be conspicuous haha. I guess the young artists from south melbourne don't chance upon many fat old ranga bogans too often...bad luck for them, we is good people.
I told you Lecter, them hipsters are everywhere.
There was even a couple at the Mallow. They kept staring at my hand knitted Richmond beanie.
I think they secretly desired it.

Back