No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know Perl?

I'm having a ******* of a time trying to parse dates from multiple RSS feeds (i.e. various formats because hardly anyone uses the spec).

I'm trying DateTime but without a known pattern I'm a bit boned.

You know what the flick pisses me off. Placing all the taps of the fermenters the opposite way you walk then coming in a fun stepping on one and loosing 5L of 1085 beer before you can get the fkr back in. And u know swmbo is going to blame u. I'm sure it's the fault of the lovely AHB people who are not intelligent enough to conduct searches. Now if these people have politically correct disabilities or are challenged or whatever politically correct dysfunction then I retract my statement. But they are still knobs. Is that ok? An Aussie won the us masters after all!

I dunno, Tony. "Depraved" doesn't get used enough these days.

Tony said:
No problems Punkin.

To all who have had posts taken down from the last couple of pages in this thread, it was due to all the abuse against moderators and moderation decisions, and one completely pointless posts containing abusive language.

I'm not going to PM you all but if you would like to talk about it please PM me.

If tougher moderation is what people want........ trust me i could have let loose with the warning points and suspensions then but i didnt.

Like i said...... if abuse continues it wont end in a pretty way!

And I apologist for my use of the word depraved. I will retract it to just "bored"

relax and have a home brew folks, this crap is not what AHB is about.

Cheers

edit: dunno what's with the nbsp's... meh.

Log on with android after typing above and being told by stupid apple shit my argument is invalid. Fk u apple. Unless ur a member of ahb and ive offended u.

Ahhhhh hahahahahah

You have an apple :p

HAHAHAHAhahahahahaha

bum said:
Anyone know Perl?

I'm having a ******* of a time trying to parse dates from multiple RSS feeds (i.e. various formats because hardly anyone uses the spec).

I'm trying DateTime but without a known pattern I'm a bit boned.
To paraphrase:
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think
“I know, I'll use Perl.” Now they have two problems.

Sorry, dude, System.DateTime.Parse() always works for me, but I don't work with the Internet's duct tape.

Tony said:
Ahhhhh hahahahahah

You have an apple :p

HAHAHAHAhahahahahaha
my wife has an ipad I bought her bday as shes a amc user. I recon apple and ipad is made for womwn. Aftrr all it has pad in the name :flamesuit:

You're a true craftsman, goomboogo. Keep the old ways alive.

WarmBeer said:
To paraphrase:
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think
“I know, I'll use Perl.” Now they have two problems.

Sorry, dude, System.DateTime.Parse() always works for me, but I don't work with the Internet's duct tape.
Come on dude.. perl is the swiss army chainsaw of the internet.

Bum - You could have a look on google code or one of those other code snippet sites. Sure to be some rss parsers around.

If you can't find anything, I can dig up the source I have for podget which is an open source perl based rss parser. I did some playing around with the code a few years ago and could probably pull out the date/time stuff for you. Or you could grab it off sourceforge. i think it's still active.

Edit - almost went all xkcd on you again but thought better

citymorgue2 said:
Not needed. U pricks can read my shit posts by now.
using link above it turns that post into below

you prkick cna underdtand my shit posts by now

Not a lot of difference

Airgead said:
Come on dude.. perl is the swiss army chainsaw of the internet.

Bum - You could have a look on google code or one of those other code snippet sites. Sure to be some rss parsers around.

If you can't find anything, I can dig up the source I have for podget which is an open source perl based rss parser. I did some playing around with the code a few years ago and could probably pull out the date/time stuff for you. Or you could grab it off sourceforge. i think it's still active.
Yeah, I've been looking at CPAN and stuff but the issue is that this is for uni - I can only use the modules built into the the version of Perl we have on our server (5.4, If I remember correctly). Gotta roll my own parser. Well, I don't have to - some of the more lightweight parsers are available but we've been encouraged to do as much of it with regex as we can. I've built a fairly robust RSS reader with regex only so far but this date issue is a problem I just can't seem to get around.

Thanks for your offer re: your code but I am hoping to nut it out on my own. Was just hoping someone might have a hint on dealing with dates specifically.

Cheers. Same to you, WarmBeer.

bum said:
Yeah, I've been looking at CPAN and stuff but the issue is that this is for uni
Stealing from one source is plagiarism. Stealing from many is research...

Back