No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no way that cross is going to bear the load of our emaciated saviour. If you want some real historical re-enactment happening get a carpenter involved. You know just like jesus. ******* christians. Bone up on your lord's trade for christ's (or similar's) sake.
I'm curious as to what the signs in the background say. I'd like to think the one on the right says "Jesus Is Rape".

jlm said:
There's no way that cross is going to bear the load of our emaciated saviour. If you want some real historical re-enactment happening get a carpenter involved. You know just like jesus. ******* christians. Bone up on your lord's trade for christ's (or similar's) sake.
I'm curious as to what the signs in the background say. I'd like to think the one on the right says "Jesus Is Rape".
I would have like to see someone rock up with a paslode to put a modern touch to their fkd up pantamime.

jyo said:
The stepdaughter was in the city yesterday and witnessed a re run of the crucifiction with a shaggy-haired Jesus being whipped while carrying a cross down the mall. He was covered in fake blood from head to toe and, given the extent of the "injuries", in noticeable pain. Apparently many small children were, understandably, traumatised.

FFS

155042_10152731979590457_1752024497_n.jpg
Goodness me.....those "Passion" fans sure make Trekkies look tame dont they?

Anyway, could be worse.

Could be stabbed.

Spineless capitulators or masterful trolls?

Lego agreed to withdraw the Jabba's Palace product from production in 2014
What does everyone imagine the production run is on the average Lego set? And hom much longer after that might they be in retailer warehouses/shops?

bum said:
Spineless capitulators or masterful trolls?

What does everyone imagine the production run is on the average Lego set? And hom much longer after that might they be in retailer warehouses/shops?
Back in the dark ages - 2005 - a Danish news paper ran a cheerful little cartoon.

0,,1889907_4,00.jpg

With the all to predictable response from the perpetually affronted.

I suppose its fair to assume that the Lego company, founded in Denmark and who presumably witnessed this exclusive brand of reactionary fuckwittisim first hand don't want any of their distributors premises subjected to similar arson. That plastic really burns once it gets started.

Trolls? I somehow doubt it. They,re a children's toy company who's stock is on the rise, and 'cultural sensitivity' may sell a lot of colorful bricks.

Could be a marketing ploy, but it quacks like a duck if you ask me.

On a loosely related issue.

George Lucas waved his directors fee in exchange for 40% of the box office plus the merchandising rights to Star Wars - which is about as business savvy of 20th Century Fox as Sam Phillips flogging Elvis's contract to RCA for 35K..

That was in 1977.

I'll bet he's got a quid or two these days.

Maybe George Lucas should edit Jabba's palace out of Return of the Jedi, just in case some Turkish children living in Austria see it. Fck me.

article-2267062-1722EAA3000005DC-506_634x286.jpg

Dave70 said:
a Danish news paper ran a cheerful little cartoon.
To ignore the absolute difference between that and this Lego "issue" is ridiculously ignorant.

One of those was a deliberate provocation with the intent to deeply offend a large segment of the global community by willfully committing one of the most egregious acts imaginable (to them). The other is a (possibly deliberate) passing similarity between real and fictitious architecture.

Dave70 said:
Trolls? I somehow doubt it. They,re a children's toy company who's stock is on the rise, and 'cultural sensitivity' may sell a lot of colorful bricks.

Could be a marketing ploy, but it quacks like a duck if you ask me.
How many of these do you think they can punch out between now and 2014 (possibly even the end of 2014)? There is zero reaction here from Lego apart from some statement made about not wanting to offend anyone and making th appearance of taking action. There's no immediate halt to production, there's no recall (and nor should there be, of course).

Dave70 said:
George Lucas waved his directors fee in exchange for 40% of the box office plus the merchandising rights to Star Wars - which is about as business savvy of 20th Century Fox as Sam Phillips flogging Elvis's contract to RCA for 35K..

That was in 1977.

I'll bet he's got a quid or two these days.
Sold the lot to Disney for $2B a little while back.

They're making another trilogy. Trying hard to get the cast of the original three. Such an awesome idea - it is so refreshing to see someone other than George Lucas ******* Star Wars up for a change.

[EDIT: fixed sloppy quoting]

bum said:
To ignore the absolute difference between that and this Lego "issue" is ridiculously ignorant.

One of those was a deliberate provocation with the intent to deeply offend a large segment of the global community by willfully committing one of the most egregious acts imaginable (to them). The other is a (possibly deliberate) passing similarity between real and fictitious architecture.
Not ignorant at all, simply stating that the Danes may be a little gun shy about ticking off religious nutcases in light of recent events.

In any instance, the larger global community has every right to offend them at whim whilst they claim the right to murder non combatants and issue government sanctioned death warrants upon foreigners every time a satirical cartoon is printed or a fiction novel hits the bookstands .

you-are-doing-it-wrong-meme-collection-1mut.com-3e.jpg

But seriously. You're doing it wrong. The bottom half is supposed to be the second half of the same idea. The idea should also (preferably) be funny.

bum said:
you-are-doing-it-wrong-meme-collection-1mut.com-3e.jpg

But seriously. You're doing it wrong. The bottom half is supposed to be the second half of the same idea. The idea should also (preferably) be funny.
Not in the case of QuickMeme, the idea being that the first half is supposed to plant a suggestive idea related to the stereotype in the picture, which is then deflated in the bottom half.
For example:

Successful Black Man - picture of black dude.

Top: I found some weed now I'm going to grab a forty ounce

Bottom: bottle of Roundup, I hate an untidy garden.

Why do you say it as though you're contradicting my point then go on to illustrate it exactly as I intended it?

Read yours again. Ignoring punctuation isn't not enough to make two separate idea one.

[EDIT: torpo]

I give up, you don't get the various QuickMeme genres, obviously. Not for everyone I suppose.

Another thing, you know that what you do isn't actually trolling, right? Trolling isn't the same thing as simply being wrong.

I have nfi whats being discussed

Omfg no spelling errors.

nfi and omfg should be fully capitalised. Let's not mention your punctuation.

Get it together, Tyrone.

bum said:
nfi and omfg should be fully capitalised. Let's not mention your punctuation.Get it together, Tyrone.
hangs head in shame

Back