No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran up the arse of another car this morning.
You know that moment as your car is skidding to a stop, the tyre smoke is drifting past your window, and you think "nope, I'm not going to pull up in time". THUD!

Luckily it was just bumper damage, and the other bloke's car is almost as shitty as my car. Exchanged details but he wasn't fussed, just happy his boot was functional.
My son was in the back wondering what was going on.

You know that moment as your car is skidding to a stop, the tyre smoke is drifting past your window, and you think "nope, I'm not going to pull up in time". THUD!

Luckily it was just bumper damage, and the other bloke's car is almost as shitty as my car. Exchanged details but he wasn't fussed, just happy his boot was functional.

I get that feeling on the highway and a roo jumps in front of you. Jamb on the brakes and brace yourself for the hit. Sometimes you get lucky and the roo hops on by. But yes not the greatest feeling.

PS. So glad I don't have an airbag. :)
The grill is cracked. meh. bumper is hanging off a tiny bit on the side. meh.
Better check the radiator this arvo.

I still have a cracked side mirror from about 5 years ago when I parked my car overnight and had another car hit it on the way past (it was bent towards the front of the car, so assumed it was hit by a car on its way past).

Probably been pulled over around 4 times by cops for RBT's and once for speeding, and each time they say I'll have to get it fixed or else ill be getting a ticket next time...

At least it keeps passing rego ^_^

newman.jpg
mussolini.jpg

Christ Centered. Our ministry gives every child in our program the opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ. Our church partners report that last year alone, more than 146,000 children committed to Christ because of our Child Sponsorship Program.

Who else is trying to help them?

It's not like they're in it for the Sunday donations from a new flock...

No problem at at with religious charities feeding the kiddies, so long as their bookkeeping is transparent and the cash is going towards actually helping the needy rather than a recruitment drive.

It's a demonstrable fact that religion of any stripe is something we could do with less of, not more.

Little update.
Picked up my son from daycare that arvo - a plastic bag tied to the side of his backpack with wet undies & pants.
SWMBO gets home later, sees the bag and asks him "did you have an accident today?"
He points at me and replies "NO DADDY DID!"

Pissed ourselves laughing.

lol, sometimes they just make it all ok hey. My young bloke has been telling all the tachers at childcare I'm a naughty boy :huh:

lol, sometimes they just make it all ok hey. My young bloke has been telling all the tachers at childcare I'm a naughty boy :huh:

Childcare - teachers? WTF? I thought the place would be full of kid wranglers and nappy changers.
"This is how we don't shit our pants, shit out pants, shit our pants, this is how we don't shit our pants, all, day, long. Come on, sing with me! This is how..."
Erm that aside, why are you a naughty boy?

.... so long as their bookkeeping is transparent and the cash is going towards actually helping the needy rather than a recruitment drive.

It's not religious charities per se I have a problem with, it's statements like this
Most important, your sponsored child will hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God

So unfortunately it looks very much like a chunk of the funds is directly for a recruitment drive.

@bum: As for who else is trying to help them, I would suggest non-religious affilated charities such as medecins sans frontieres would be one. As stated though it's not the fact they are religious affiliated so much as their mission statement is more about saving souls than saving lives.

Back