No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't get that constant ribbing of Truman about new topics etc.

Am I missing something?

Surely, in a forum, it's appropriate to participate to whatever extent floats your boat?

Takin a day off due to a gastro bug. Went down stairs, hmm I can smell beer and hops, then I find that one of my perlick taps has been bumped back to creamer. Went back up stairs to see if the loaf of bread was cold and it was, sent sms to wife.............who took the bread out of the freezer this morning? And my suspicions were correct and one of the kids has bumped the tap I now have a little creek of 15L of APA running from the beer room to the front of the house.

Yay now I have both forms of the shits and am spewing in two formats.

Hop Hog does absolutely nothing for expensive wireless keyboards, just in ase you were thinking of trying I am sure the cans of electrics cleaner stuff would be far more suitable.

brand spanking new XR6 (no turbo :( ) to drive around for the week whilst my wifes car is in for repair. im talking flat out brand new, 35kms on the clock. i looked at the Hertz rental lady and said are you sure??

hire cars love high rev's and handbrakes yes? people keep thinking its an undecover cop car you pull up beside / behind them and they slow down so badly.

Its just aired in the states, so maybe contact the people at the internets, ask for torrent, he knows about it ;)

I know him well, I'll pop by later this arvo and see

I just don't get that constant ribbing of Truman about new topics etc.

Am I missing something?

Surely, in a forum, it's appropriate to participate to whatever extent floats your boat?

Fair enough.... But FYI

Truman has started 181 topics in about a year - that's a topic every 2 days.... A lot more than most people post...

Just sayin.

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='935859' date='Jul 18 2012, 12:11 PM']Probably, given that you're Dutch. :ph34r:

I always giggle at the joke....'The little Dutch boy stuck his finger in the dike...so she punched him". :p :lol: ;)[/quote]

Yeah, it's an oldie, but a goodie.
Strangely enough, it's a myth, based on a book written by an American writer who never ever visited The Netherlands!

Fair enough.... But FYI

Truman has started 181 topics in about a year - that's a topic every 2 days.... A lot more than most people post...

Just sayin.

Fair enough, but what's the problem with that? He's not what you'd call nasty or abusive.

So lots of them may not be strictly brewing related, but that's no crime, and there's a few other brewers whose post count is not exactly heavy with brewing pearls of wisdom or igonorane, as the case may be!

Fair enough, but what's the problem with that? He's not what you'd call nasty or abusive.

So lots of them may not be strictly brewing related, but that's no crime, and there's a few other brewers whose post count is not exactly heavy with brewing pearls of wisdom or igonorane, as the case may be!

Who said there was a problem with it? Its just funny.

besides wouldn't be much of a community if every new thread was written by a new member and every subsequent post mentioned the word "search" with a link to a 4 year old thread....

I don't have a problem with it at all... but it does bring some cause for some ribbing, which I think is usually meant in good fun and which he seems to be in jest with...

I am the last person to question OT posting or pointless ramblings, each to their own.

It does however make me scratch my head when users start a thread, this I have seen from Truman before, and the first sentence is along the lines of "I did a search but there are pages of small OT threads on the topic to dig through...."

A vicious cycle.

Anyway, what the f&ck ever brings a good time and not too much pishabs.

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' date='Jul 18 2012, 12:11 PM' post='935859']

I always giggle at the joke....'The little Dutch boy stuck his finger in the dike...so she punched him". :p

This is a true story,

A mate of mine went out with an ex lesbean once, so I said to him

"You're an enthusiastic Dutch boy arn't ya"
He goes 'What ya mean?"

I said, "Well, I heard that you stuck more than just your finger in a dike"

Well, if we are all having a laugh, then all is well, I guess.

My last manager, before I retired, batted for the other side. Glad I never had to plug her hole.

Latest posts

Back