No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if any of the writers, producers, actors or directors have ever actually met a bikie.

I'd suggest there would have been some correspondence between the producers, clubs and the (living) individuals portrayed directly.
OMC's tend not to have a sense of humour about people getting around in copy cat club colours. Even if the do like like they were produced in Thai marketplace.

I dunno, I love the grittyness of Aus drama, and we can pull off great stories of war and crime - yes, Blue Murder was a classic, and even a ex-stand comic up made Chopper look convincingly brutal, but this kind of stuff done wrong just comes off shallow and patronising.
As in most cases, the book was far more gripping.

There was an exceptional documentry/drama about the milperra thing that included a lot of the same history that this garbage is nodding to.
Can't recall the name of the series but it was very good (if you're into that sorta thing of watching other peoples lives for entertainment)

Someone I don't know posts on someone I do know's Facebook. What they mean to say is "it looks like [thing X] is in store for us". What they actually say is "it looks like [thing X] is install for us".

Holy ******* shit. I want to destroy you but that would make things socially awkward for an innocent 3rd-party so I can't. FML.

Dude, just roast them.
If your friend can't handle you flaming their fuckwit friends, then they're not worth the time.

Someone I don't know posts on someone I do know's Facebook. What they mean to say is "it looks like [thing X] is in store for us". What they actually say is "it looks like [thing X] is install for us".

Holy ******* shit. I want to destroy you but that would make things socially awkward for an innocent 3rd-party so I can't. FML.

Point it out for them. It will be a learning experience. That doesn't mean they won't complain to the 3rd-party about it. If they do, it is a sign of insecurity on their part.

A few years ago, a newspaper journalist meant to write, 'for all intent(s) and purposes'. Instead, 'for all intensive purposes' was used. This was pointed out for the journalist on national television. It may have encouraged them to examine the meaning of the words they were using.

Yeah, I get arsked pacifically about that, literally all the time.

Yeah, I get arsked pacifically about that, literally all the time.

A good friend uses the word 'literally' regularly. Generally things that can't be done any way but literally.

I often ask them to clarify as I get confused as to whether they're speaking metaphorically when they don't specify.

I hate it when people use literally in a sentence as if they thought, that I thought, they were being hypothetical

Kids playing playdoh. Daughter ran up to me "here Daddy, I made you a beer".
It was a belgian goblet style.

Proud as punch, I am.

Just picked up 4 Vision Street Wear tshirts for $10 each at DFO.
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

'Tis a beautiful 13 Deg Celcius outside this mornin. Sure hope my fermenter hasn't chilled out.

Back