No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an e-book two weeks ago from the UK but despite listening for the postie's motorbike every day it hasn't turned up yet.

If I don't get it soon I'll reorder on my new Galaxy Note that I mentioned on another thread.

Luuurrve this new phone :)

Well it's more like a tablet with the big screen. Having trouble with the operating system, took me ages to format the hard drive and install DOS 5 but it's working well now.

Looking forward to developing my own apps in QBasic

Would DOS 6 be a better option maybe?

galaxy_shot.jpg

I think you should upgrade to something that will run something a bit more convincing than mspaint.

I miss the DOS days and injecting little things into autoexec.bat to confuse mates :lol:
Pretty sure it still exists in Win7. You probably just need to know a little PowerShell to use it now.

There is always the old favourite Ctrl + Alt + Down to turn their screen upside down while they aren't looking.

One of barmaids is an attentive, petite, French lass with a delightful accent.
In my minds eye, she is wearing lingerie.
I was there Wednesday night and I my minds eye she was wearing less!

and the beers were good too

Walking dead... Decent show with questionable production values. Getting better, but some pretty annoying errors both in the storyline and the production. Still entertaining though.

Walking dead... Decent show with questionable production values. Getting better, but some pretty annoying errors both in the storyline and the production. Still entertaining though.

Yea, I watched it until the end of S2 which is more than I can say of some shows, but it never quite gets out of 2nd gear unfortunately... a bit like Madmen and Boardwalk Empire....(in my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree)... Deadwood it ain't...

Funny you should mention deadwood... I dropped deadwood about 4 eps into 2nd season. Might pick it up again at the conclusion of walking dead... But find it hard to deal with so many mumbling cowboys

There is always the old favourite Ctrl + Alt + Down to turn their screen upside down while they aren't looking.

:lol: :lol:

I didn't know that existed............ brilliant, moment of panic there until I sussed that Ctrl+ Alt + UP puts it right again B)

That thing is killing me lately. I've had to use Windows heaps this semester. I am more used to Ubuntu. One of my favourite (and most used) features in Ubuntu is switching workspaces with ctrl+alt+<direction>. I spin the screen orientation at least once every time I use Windows. It is driving me mad.

Bahahaha. I did it to all my workmates (n mine) last year and they rang IT.... Hilarity guaranteed.

PS: I've even porkspun my poor it manager, he took me to some trash joke PC vendor website with an annoying jingle. Payback bitch :)

Funny you should mention deadwood... I dropped deadwood about 4 eps into 2nd season. Might pick it up again at the conclusion of walking dead... But find it hard to deal with so many mumbling cowboys

I have a good mate, well read, not uneducated, who watches it with the subtitles on. Things get dreary with the sheriff and the dope fiend widow, but it picks up. The start of S3 is brutal, very brutal. Unfortunately it fizzles out and there is no sign of completing it with a movie or anything. They didn't even gives us an ambiguous Sopranos styled ending. Poor form by HBO considering the general quality of their output.

But, for my money, Deadwood is superior in every way to almost all series' that I've seen, including the walking dead (I've burnt out on DW though and will need about 10 years break so I can watch it again haha). Walking Dead has so much untapped potential for character development etc, yet it essentially just plays out the original "Dawn of..." premise over and over....

....and the comic-book nerd in me gets infuriated by the lack of consistency in the capacities of the zombies :lol:

Back