No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, yeast can be frozen although for best results a Glycerin solution is usually used to help prevent the yeast cells from rupturing. You'll probably find that you will still have plenty of viable cells left anyway and a starter should fire up without too much delay.
yeah i knew about glyceryn, but from all other reports mostly peoples experiance was that the yeast cell walls had exploded and thus viable yeasts. oh well i might hang off ordering then (sorry Ross, lol).

will thraw the buggers out (well the ones that were in glass and havent exploded) and see if they fire up. fkn all i need before i start holidays and lots of brewing planned.

Just had the best sushi for lunch. Raw tuna, avocado, rolled in the rice without the seaweed wrapper, but with the black sesame seeds.
I squeezed those little soy sauce fishies hard on the tasty little buggers.

I want more.

Just had the best sushi for lunch. Raw tuna, avocado, rolled in the rice without the seaweed wrapper, but with the black sesame seeds.
I squeezed those little soy sauce fishies hard on the tasty little buggers.

I want more.

Put heaps of wasabi in there?

so hungover! wed night smash's are too much, im not 18 anymore! need something greasy...

just had a spew at work havent done that in a while!

help....

Baked a loaf of sourdough this morning, picked up my ham from the butcher( has his own smokehouse) just had couple of sandwiches with mustard, how could anyone be a vegetarian?

Just bought this on a t-shirt for my vegetarian nephew... he has a sense of humour

whatfoodeats_fullpic_artwork.jpg

Your food is full of poop.

I have a completely unrelated question though. Soldering copper. How important (in practice) is it to use flux?

Its just that I didn't know and didn't buy so I'll have to go back to buy some tomorrow if it is actually important enough. fwiw, I'm soldering the copper pipe (coil) from bunnings, need to solder some bits of my manifold.

PS: The staff at Bunnings is hopeless, granted I didn't do my research, but I asked for a soldering tip for a gas torch to solder copper pipe and they didn't have the sense to tell me its not fukin required!! could've saved me 35 bucks.

Anyone? Bueller?
I did try to search...

How about using ascorbic acid with a bit of salt added in just like what is used to clean copper pennies etc? (again... google).
Or even good old undilkuted Starsan? Its phosphoric acid. That should prep the surface right?

Can't blv there isn't a bored plumber around to answer a niggling little problem when you need em :(

Used a JBHifi xmas gift card on a pre-owned PS3 game, Battlefield - Bad Company 2.
Just fired it up then, and it asked for the latest update - 130min download time.
ARGH, I HATE THAT!

Then don't get DC Universe Online. The full game is now free to download and play on the PSN but it is a brutal download.

Your food is full of poop.

I have a completely unrelated question though. Soldering copper. How important (in practice) is it to use flux?

Its just that I didn't know and didn't buy so I'll have to go back to buy some tomorrow if it is actually important enough. fwiw, I'm soldering the copper pipe (coil) from bunnings, need to solder some bits of my manifold.

PS: The staff at Bunnings is hopeless, granted I didn't do my research, but I asked for a soldering tip for a gas torch to solder copper pipe and they didn't have the sense to tell me its not fukin required!! could've saved me 35 bucks.

Copper to copper, as long as its clean, no worries - if you are using resin cored soft solder or silver braze.
Copper to anything else, you need the right flux.

Next time get your advice from a pluming supplies shop like Reece, Cooks or Plumbers supplies.
If your local Bunnings is anything like mine, the staff seem to be either running the clock out or otherwise um-employable.

6 month old pulled her first beer avout 5min ago. So proud.... Pushong it off it off is a differant story... Little messy. Esp since ur holding kid with one hanf beer glass with the other. U need another hand and I dont have tommy lee's control lol...

You need one of those baby carriers.........Strap child to chest, use both hands to educate her....

Thanks Dave, it is copper to copper, and using solid core silver solder. A bit time poor to go to the proper shops these days. Doubt any are open after hours up here. Will solder with gutso now :D

Back