No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
www.braza.com.au in darling harbour, FWIW.
Went to the one in Newport a couple of years back. Ate SOOOO much goddamn meat...sweating out beef gravy for a week afterwards. So awesome! Having said that, the beer selection wasn't anything special...a few bog standard South American beers i'd never tried, but that was about it. Still would totally go back though...all you can eat!

Went to the one in Newport a couple of years back. Ate SOOOO much goddamn meat...sweating out beef gravy for a week afterwards. So awesome! Having said that, the beer selection wasn't anything special...a few bog standard South American beers i'd never tried, but that was about it. Still would totally go back though...all you can eat!
Bernards light & dark pilsners on tap at Darling Harbour. Plenty of belgians & other imported beers, White Rabbits, they even had murrays I2PA in stubbie. Pretty cool you could even drink a longneck of Tooheys Old.

our xmas party is at a place called Lamaro's in Sth Melb. Beer list goes :

Tap Beer
Carlton Draught Abbotsford, VIC 4.50
Colonial Witbier Margaret River,WA 7.00
Colonial Kolsch Margaret River,WA 7.00
Coldstream Cider Coldstream ,VIC 6.50
Trumer Pils Salzberg, Austria 8.00
Peroni Australia/Italy 8.00
True South ‘Red Truck’ Lager Black Rock,VIC 6.50
Warsteiner Warstein, Germany 8.00

Bottled Beer and Cider
Boags Light 6.00
Duvel 14.00
Cascade Light 5.50
Alhambra 1925 9.50
Boags Premium Lager 7.00
Corona 8.50
Coopers Pale Ale 7.50
Leffe Brune 13.00
Crown Lager 7.50
Peroni Leggera 7.00
Victoria Bitter 6.00
Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier 8.00
Moritz 8.50
Mountain Goat Steam Ale 8.00
Pikes Oakbank Sparkling Ale 7.50
Thatchers Cider (500ml) 12.00
Little Creatures Pale Ale 7.50
Pipsqueak Cider 7.50
Red Hill Golden Ale 9.50
Hargreaves Hill E.S.B 8.50

Pretty god damn happy with that! Also they have Shcezan Duck as a main! Yeaaaaaa!

Counting down the days til I finish up here. Handed my resignation in on Fridayafter I got the call about the new job.
Also first time logging into AHB at work... Coincidence?

Watched UFC 140 last night. One of the better UFC cards I've seen in a while.
Ortiz - nogueira (little nog): looks like Ortiz has a weakness in the body. Last 2 fights TKOs from body shots. Brutal way to go.
Mir - nogueira (big nog): Holy shit!! Talk about brutal! Technically not a submission, cause he didn't tap. Huge kimmora for a broken arm TKO. Mir is looking good. Be interesting if he gets another shot against santos one day or a rematch with lesnar (if he wins @ 141)
Jones - machida: machida looked sharp but was unlucky to get caught in a simultaneous flurry where he took a sharp left which rocked him. The follow up from jones was first class and the standing front side choke was nice. Again not a submission, as he went to sleep in lieu of tapping out.... Tough ass brazillians!

our xmas party is at a place called Lamaro's in Sth Melb. Beer list goes :

Tap Beer
Carlton Draught Abbotsford, VIC 4.50
Colonial Witbier Margaret River,WA 7.00
Colonial Kolsch Margaret River,WA 7.00
Coldstream Cider Coldstream ,VIC 6.50
Trumer Pils Salzberg, Austria 8.00
Peroni Australia/Italy 8.00
True South Red Truck Lager Black Rock,VIC 6.50
Warsteiner Warstein, Germany 8.00

Bottled Beer and Cider
Boags Light 6.00
Duvel 14.00
Cascade Light 5.50
Alhambra 1925 9.50
Boags Premium Lager 7.00
Corona 8.50
Coopers Pale Ale 7.50
Leffe Brune 13.00
Crown Lager 7.50
Peroni Leggera 7.00
Victoria Bitter 6.00
Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier 8.00
Moritz 8.50
Mountain Goat Steam Ale 8.00
Pikes Oakbank Sparkling Ale 7.50
Thatchers Cider (500ml) 12.00
Little Creatures Pale Ale 7.50
Pipsqueak Cider 7.50
Red Hill Golden Ale 9.50
Hargreaves Hill E.S.B 8.50

Pretty god damn happy with that! Also they have Shcezan Duck as a main! Yeaaaaaa!

Hargreaves Hill ESB!!! I am absolutely friggin jealous. Loved that drop.

Watched UFC 140 last night. One of the better UFC cards I've seen in a while.
Ortiz - nogueira (little nog): looks like Ortiz has a weakness in the body. Last 2 fights TKOs from body shots. Brutal way to go.
Mir - nogueira (big nog): Holy shit!! Talk about brutal! Technically not a submission, cause he didn't tap. Huge kimmora for a broken arm TKO. Mir is looking good. Be interesting if he gets another shot against santos one day or a rematch with lesnar (if he wins @ 141)
Jones - machida: machida looked sharp but was unlucky to get caught in a simultaneous flurry where he took a sharp left which rocked him. The follow up from jones was first class and the standing front side choke was nice. Again not a submission, as he went to sleep in lieu of tapping out.... Tough ass brazillians!
Nice card... Mir will get his ass handed if he fights brock (too big and strong) or anyone with good standup (Nog was flogging him on the feet)
Jones is the man at the moment... Cant see anyone beating him.. would like to see him in 4-5 years fighting at 220-230lbs..

yea its one of my top fives aussie micros for sure, just spewing its not on tap.

The missus just called me on her way home from a book launching she went to, she's bringing me back a bottle of SN beer camp weizen bock & Moon dog India brown ale. She's a ******* gem I tell's ya. I did try to con her in to getting a couple more, but was promptly told not to push it :lol: , though I'm sure I'll get to sample the bottle of Sam Smith's Taddy Porter she got for herself :ph34r:

Being reasonably new to life as a bachelor again, I've found that I can now keep spanners and screwdrivers in the kitchen cutlery drawer. Handy! :super:

Isn't that where they're suppose to be :unsure:

:lol: congrats on your release

You are dead to me.
Huh. I thought I was the only one. My wife was pissing herself, I fell asleep.

Anyway, while not unexpected, after the move to Tas the ability to ferment in a cupboard and maintain an average 19 degrees (depending on how vigorous the ferment....and that's the reading with thermowell and temp probe) is a massive novelty for a Queenslander.

Now I think about it, Tim Minchin is like a Randy Newman type character whose trying to be, uh, funny?

Latest posts

Back