No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in an inner city inbound cust. service centre (coming up 6 years in August) and in common with such centres many of my colleagues, including the vast majority of the guys, are gay. I really like working with them because with the dykes you can just be yourself and forget that they are sitting there on twots, no feeling that you have to 'court' them, and I have some good women buddies now. With the guys you dont have to put on this veneer of talking about sport, cars and macho shit, I have great conversations about cooking and home brewing etc, and most of them have adopted me as an uncle figure (being an old fart). Totally recommend it. :icon_cheers:
I work on construction sites with tradesmen and am a tradesman myself. I hear some of the most stupid shit come out of other human beings (well.... thats debatable) mouths on a far too regular occurance. Especially the younger ones. I seem to have been for the most part pigeon holed an anti-social asshole with a superiority complex because of the fact that I pick them up on the stupid shit said and I read the Australian (not the Courier) at smoko. Party true. I don't mind it but don't recommend it. :icon_cheers:

How good is it when your wife doesn't like beer?! You can make WHATEVER you want, not having to stick to a favourite.
I've made beers for my kid's birthdays, but my wife asked me to make one for hers.
Cool, American Red IPA it is. She doesn't care what it is, as long as it's got her name on the label.

Here's a tip... the o-ring from the top of a corny keg doesn't float... needless to say some fishing was involved. PITA <_<

Here's a tip... the o-ring from the top of a corny keg doesn't float... needless to say some fishing was involved. PITA <_<

I'd like to expand on that by adding neither does the stainless steel lid.

Or those little LED torches..

Ive been there before! Then having it get wrapped around the diptube on the way up! :lol:

Today is the day that Marty McFly arrived in the future after hitting 88mph in a pimped out Delorean in 1985. The only question is, where is my hover skateboard?
View attachment BTTF.bmp

Yeah, the lack of hoverboards is lamentable but they did get one thing right. People do seem to be utterly obsessed with this crap:

221-4887770439053.jpg

Today is the day that Marty McFly arrived in the future after hitting 88mph in a pimped out Delorean in 1985. The only question is, where is my hover skateboard?
View attachment 39215

Never noticed he landed in 2010 at 1:10 am although the 1st scene shows him in daylight. Where is the continnum? Space time continnum?

Now I feel slightly less silly about still saving up for a hoverboard.

yeah, still another 5 years to go to invent it bum. (see below)

Sourced from another forum:
Doc was originally going to travel 25 years into the future. Which of course would be this year. However, he never set the date on the time circuits.

What happened was:

* Doc was showing Marty how the machine worked. He punched in dates like: 25/12/0000 (to witness the birth of christ) and 4/7/1776 (to see the signing of the declaration of independance) and "a red letter date in the history of science... November 5th, 1955" which of course was the day the doc had a vision of the flux capacitor.
* At this time, he realised he didnt pack enough plutonium to get back FROM the future and got out of the delorean.
* When out of the car, he saw the Libyan terrorists and was shot.
* Marty jumped into the car to get away from them with the time circuits still set to 5/11/1955.
* Marty then went back in time, almost hooked up with his mother, invented the skateboard and dumped a load of shit into biffs car and successfully predicted when/where lightining would strike.

At the end of the movie, Doc changed his destination from 2010 (25 years) to 2015.... because it fell in sync with the 30 years Marty travelled and because it was a nice round number.

Sorry for the confusion

yeah, still another 5 years to go to invent it bum. (see below)

Sourced from another forum:
Doc was originally going to travel 25 years into the future. Which of course would be this year. However, he never set the date on the time circuits.

What happened was:

* Doc was showing Marty how the machine worked. He punched in dates like: 25/12/0000 (to witness the birth of christ) and 4/7/1776 (to see the signing of the declaration of independance) and "a red letter date in the history of science... November 5th, 1955" which of course was the day the doc had a vision of the flux capacitor.
* At this time, he realised he didnt pack enough plutonium to get back FROM the future and got out of the delorean.
* When out of the car, he saw the Libyan terrorists and was shot.
* Marty jumped into the car to get away from them with the time circuits still set to 5/11/1955.
* Marty then went back in time, almost hooked up with his mother, invented the skateboard and dumped a load of shit into biffs car and successfully predicted when/where lightining would strike.

At the end of the movie, Doc changed his destination from 2010 (25 years) to 2015.... because it fell in sync with the 30 years Marty travelled and because it was a nice round number.

Sorry for the confusion

Alternatively you could have just quoted the wikipedia article, which says he goes to 2015.

Brewed an IPA this morning.
One of my other hobbies is building model cars, mostly older classics.
This is my latest, a 1949 Talbot Lago GP car in 1/24th scale.
It's a very dated 1950's original mould, so it's ultra basic, and requires lots of modifications, corrections, and additions to make it into the detailed model I want to end up with.

IMG_0484.jpg

Post up a pic of the finished product (or even parts in between the build), it's something that I've wanted to get into for a while, building model cars and the likes

Post up a pic of the finished product (or even parts in between the build), it's something that I've wanted to get into for a while, building model cars and the likes

OK. Here's the completely rebuilt front end, with new axle and scratch built shockers (yes, they really did use friction shockers).
Also, I opened up the moulded closed plastic grill, and replaced it with some wire screen.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

Back