No More Unibroue For Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking that the current situation can only be remedied by expanding production, not a bad situation to be in. They generate a little short term capital and we will get it again... and hopefully it will be the same or similar.

In the meantime I will do like Fourstar, La Fin du Monde is my pick of their lineup.

I've been looking at these beers at one of my locals for a while but I know very little about them and haven't been sure which to grab (the price tag hasn't helped my indecision either). Inspired by this thread I committed to trying one before I can no longer do so and toddled off post-haste. Settled on the Maudite (not mentioned in this thread at time of reading but the slender description on the box made it seem the most to my liking).

Gusher.

Gutted.

Frigiante is the only one worth buying up,

Not sure why I'm letting the cat out of the bag, but Cloudwine in South Melbourne still have 330ml Trois Pistoles and Maudite in stock for the curious.

I would have bought up their entire stocks, but at $25.50 for a 4 pack, I have a wife and children to feed for the next week instead.

I've been looking at these beers at one of my locals for a while but I know very little about them and haven't been sure which to grab (the price tag hasn't helped my indecision either). Inspired by this thread I committed to trying one before I can no longer do so and toddled off post-haste. Settled on the Maudite (not mentioned in this thread at time of reading but the slender description on the box made it seem the most to my liking).

Gusher.

Gutted.

Ive had a few unibrouez & perhaps the fin de monde was gassy but none were gushers. I would take it back & ask for a replacement. the unibroue website has resonable descriptions from memory.

cheers

Uh, I'm not sure they'd want it back in the condition I'd be able to return it (in an hour or so). Thanks for the tip on the webpage, I'll give it a squiz.

personally my favorite is the trios pistole and the raftmans

For cryin out loud and slobberin down the sink.....no Unibroue.

Well at least they haven't licensed production here to make up production shortfalls..............yet!!

Screwy

A recent thread asked the question, what is your favorite brewery? Unibroue seemed to get most people's vote. Hopefully a new production facility with greater capacity will see these beers return to our shores. Fingers crossed, the quality and character of the beers remain the same at the new brewery.

"Well at least they haven't licensed production here to make up production shortfalls..............yet!! ". I wonder what CUB could do with this range of beers? Maybe Trois Pistole Mid Low-Carb Blonde.

San Mig actually bought Boags then sold it on to Lion Nathan, maybe there's some sort of sunset clause why they don't supply Australia at the moment. I wouldn't mind a few bottles of Red Horse (a 7% Bock style lager). Problem with so many smaller breweries is that we are right at the end of their distribution chain so we don't get brews like Brains of Cardiff, Felinfoel of Llanelli, Camerons of Hartlepool (insert name of independent brewery here) but we do get the Heineken Megaultraswill brewers products like Tetley, Boddington, Newcastle Brown because they are from the Gigabreweries. I'm surprised that we actually got Unibrou in the first place. Beers such as Wells Bomardier and Speckled Hen are, like I said above, a lottery. Enjoy while available.

For the record - you can buy Brains, Felinfoel, and Cameron's from me (though I am in Perth, but can ship nationally)! PM if you'd like to read on ;)

I'm gonna take a slightly different tack on this; if they don't want us then I don't want them. Fine.

*sniff*

That works, maybe we might start a collective of brewers who can brew similar beers ...in place of ...

And call it, like, Uniquebrew ???

The price gouging, I have been advised, is already starting to happen in Newcastle, with $50 being asked for a 750 ml bottle of La Fin du monde.

It's not right, and it's not fair... a bit like Mal Meninga's left leg.

May have to buy up...well, whatever I can afford.

Beerz
Les

50 dollars
Super ouch

to think that earlier in the year i could get a 3 pack of 750ml bottles for $35

Shame, Unibroue make some of my favourite beers.

And speaking of buying up, I bought these in Canberra on the weekend.
DSC00057.JPG
have not either of these, but they will be drunk, some time in the future. I have a bit of a collection going now, these 2, 1x 17, a couple maudite and a couple of La Fin Du Monde.
The hunt is on!!

Ok first post, see if this works

Last week i called someone in adelaide who gets their unibroue beers directrly from the Adelaide based Palais imports, who are apparently the sole importers of Unibroue to Australia.
the guy told me that Unibroue beers were still going to be imported into Oz until the end of the year, and that he had an order coming in a couple of weeks himself.
so i wouldnt be paying $50 for a bottle of anything just yet ( I bought a 750ml bottle of la fin du monde on friday for $16 )

cheers

Seb

Ok first post, see if this works

Last week i called someone in adelaide who gets their unibroue beers directrly from the Adelaide based Palais imports, who are apparently the sole importers of Unibroue to Australia.
the guy told me that Unibroue beers were still going to be imported into Oz until the end of the year, and that he had an order coming in a couple of weeks himself.
so i wouldnt be paying $50 for a bottle of anything just yet ( I bought a 750ml bottle of la fin du monde on friday for $16 )

cheers

Seb

I recently got a selection of 16, 17 and Terrible from those guys and nothing was mentioned about them not being available anymore. The Terrible, btw is awesome!

Back