No Carbonation, Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSR

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just tested a coopers stout after 14 days in the bottle and to my horror it was flat as a tack. What have i done?

I used the kit, brew enhancer 2 and 500g of LDME. I primed with two carbonation drops per bottle.

Bottles have been in the garage where the temp has been a bit low.

Will it improve or is there anything i can do to help it?

Bottles have been in the garage where the temp has been a bit low.

Will it improve or is there anything i can do to help it?

I had this problem last winter.
The low T is the problem, yeast works very slowly in low Ts.
I now condition my bottles for 2 weeks at T > 18C.

I found the same problem with the carbonation drops. I swapped to using white sugar to prime and found it a lot better. Still takes time in winter, but experience shows not as long.

I have moved all my bottles inside now, hopefully with the warmer temp and leaving them another couple of weeks they will carb up.

Fingers crossed.

i guess thats one of the good things about Darwin.. heat

i dont think its good to leave my bottles in almost direct sunlight is it?

correct! no sun.
Less light the better.
unmless you like skunly beer lol

Moving the beers inside did the job, they are all carbed up.

Now I can relax and drink them all....

A trick Ive found to work well is to roll the bottles. Lay the bottle on the counter and roll back and forward a few times. This stirs up the yeast and gets it back into the beer instead of sitting at the bottom doing very little. About once a week seems to work pretty well... and try not to do it a few days before you plan on drinking the beer... ya wanna let the stuff settle out again...

Latest posts

Back